January 7, 2010
to the City of
1. If you are speaking under the Public Hearings, Appeals or Open Forum sections of the agenda, please observe the time limits indicated on the agenda.
2. Placards and posters are not permitted in the Chamber. Applause is not permitted except in connection with Awards and Presentations.
3. Please do not address Council from your seat. If asked by Council to speak to an issue, please do so from the podium.
4. Please do not pass notes to Council during the meeting.
5. Please be courteous to other members of the audience by keeping side conversations to a minimum.
6. The Fire Code prohibits anyone from standing in the aisles or in the back of the room.
7. If other seating is available, please do not occupy the seats reserved for individuals who are deaf/hard of hearing.
GENERAL AGENDA INFORMATION
your convenience, a copy of the agenda material is available for your review at
the Main Library,
If you are deaf/hard of hearing and require the services of an interpreter, please contact the City Clerk, 893-7448, or call our TDD Number, 892-5259, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting and we will provide that service for you.
January 7, 2010
A. Meeting Called to Order and Roll Call.
Invocation and Pledge to the Flag of the
B. Approval of Agenda with Additions and Deletions.
C. Consent Agenda (see attached)
D. Public Hearings and Quasi-Judicial Proceedings - 9:00 A.M.
NOTE: The following Public Hearing items have been submitted for consideration by the City Council. If you wish to speak on any of the Public Hearing items, please obtain one of the YELLOW cards from the containers on the wall outside of Council Chamber, fill it out as directed, and present it to the Clerk. You will be given 3 minutes ONLY to state your position on any item but may address more than one item.
1. Ordinance 966-G authorizing encumbrances on Albert Whitted Municipal Airport property in accordance with Section 1.02(c)(5)B., St. Petersburg City Charter, for receipt of a Florida Department of Transportation grant in the estimated amount of $60,000 for Airfield Infrastructure Improvements at the Airport; authorizing the Mayor to apply for and accept the Grant in the estimated amount of $60,000; authorizing the Mayor to execute all documents necessary to effectuate this Ordinance; approving the transfer of $15,000 from the unappropriated balance of the Airport Operating Fund (4031) to the Airport Capital Projects Fund (4033); and approving supplemental appropriations from the increase in the unappropriated balance of the Airport Capital Improvement Fund (4033).
2. Approving a Substantial Amendment to the City's FY2008-2009 Annual Action Plan ("Amendment") to add a new Activity "C" in the Neighborhood Stabilization Program ("NSP") - "Establish and operate land banks for homes and residential properties that have been foreclosed upon"; allocate $500,000 to establish the land bank from funding in the existing Acquisition and Rehabilitation Activity; and limit properties for placement into the land bank to those acquired in the Priority Areas of the NSP; authorizing the Mayor to submit the Amendment to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD") and to execute all documents necessary to implement the Amendment.
1. Authorizing the Mayor to execute an agreement between the City and St. Petersburg Baseball Commission for the management and operation of Progress Energy Park (Al Lang Field) and the Raymond A. Naimoli Complex (at Walter Fuller Park).
Ordinances - (First
Setting January 21, 2010 as the public hearing date for the following proposed Ordinance:
1. Amending the Development Order for the Gateway Centre St. Petersburg Development of Regional Impact including; modification of project land uses and the land use equivalency matrix, modifying transportation impact mitigation requirements, extending the build-out date and other miscellaneous changes and updates.
G. New Business
2. Requesting the Purchasing Department provide the Public Services & Infrastructure Committee with an update on revised higher targets for the percentage of healthy food and beverages to be sold in City vending machines. (Councilmember Nurse)
4. Referring to the Public Services & Infrastructure Committee and the Budget, Finance & Taxation Committee for evaluation the benefits and detriments of expanding the hours for sale of alcohol and packaged goods. (Councilmember Kennedy)
H. Council Committee Reports
2. Announcing an attorney-client session, pursuant to Florida Statute 286.011(8), to be held on Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 3:30 p.m., in conjunction with the lawsuit styled Anthony Catron, et al vs. City of St. Petersburg Case No. 8:09CV923-T-17EAJ.
J. Open Forum
If you wish to address City Council on
subjects other than public hearing or quasi-judicial items listed on this
agenda, please sign up with the Clerk prior to the meeting. Only the individual wishing to speak may sign
the Open Forum sheet and only City residents, owners of property in the City,
owners of businesses in the City or their employees may speak. All issues discussed under Open Forum must be
limited to issues related to the City of
Speakers will be called to address Council according to the order in which they sign the Open Forum sheet. In order to provide an opportunity for all citizens to address Council, each individual will be given three (3) minutes. The nature of the speakers' comments will determine the manner in which the response will be provided. The response will be provided by City staff and may be in the form of a letter or a follow-up phone call depending on the request.
Consent Agenda I
Consent Agenda A
January 7, 2010
NOTE: Business items listed on the yellow Consent Agenda cost more than one-half million dollars while the blue Consent Agenda includes routine business items costing less than that amount.
(a) Accepting a bid from Green Energy Concepts NY, Inc. for the purchase of induction lighting for the Engineering and Capital Improvements department for use in the Mid Core Garage at a total cost of $111,605.
(b) Authorizing the Mayor to execute an Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Agreement with the U.S. Department of Energy for city-wide programs that reduce energy use, fossil fuel emissions and improve energy efficiency at a maximum reimbursement amount of $2,380,400; approving a supplemental appropriation of $2,380,400 from the increase in the unappropriated balance of the General Capital Improvement Fund (3001) resulting from these additional revenues (Engineering Project No. 10234-019) and all other documents necessary to effectuate the Agreement.
(a) Authorizing the Mayor to execute an Amendment to the Other Transaction Agreement ("OTA") between the City and the Federal Aviation Administration ("FAA") to provide the City with $897,000 in additional federal stimulus funds for the construction of a new air traffic control tower and relocation of the automated surface observation system at Albert Whitted airport; approving a supplemental appropriation of $2,297,000 from the increase in the unappropriated balance of the Airport Capital Projects Fund (4033) resulting from the additional revenue provided through the OTA and the amendment to the Airport Control Tower Project (11392).
a contract to Ocean Gate General Contractors, Inc. in the amount of $1,909,889
for the construction of
the Mayor to execute Amendment No. 1 to Task Order No. 03-01-PB to the
Agreement between the City of
Consent Agenda II
Consent Agenda B
NOTE: The Consent Agenda contains normal, routine business items that are very likely to be approved by the City Council by a single motion. Council questions on these items were answered prior to the meeting. Each Councilmember may, however, defer any item for added discussion at a later time.
1. Renewing a multi-year agreement with Elgin Sweeper Company for new and refurbished street sweepers and parts and approving the purchase of two (2) new street sweepers for the Fleet Management Department at a total cost of $341,678.
4. Approving disbursement of up to $300,000 from the Capital Repair, Renewal and Replacement Sinking Fund Account for Tropicana Field Capital Projects; and approving a supplemental appropriation of $300,000 in the Tropicana Field Capital Fund, Tropicana Field FY10 Improvements Project, to enable this disbursement.
5. Authorizing the Mayor to execute a Mentor Recruitment And Training Agreement with the Pinellas County Education Foundation, Inc. in the amount of $27,950 and all other documents necessary to effectuate this transaction; approving a supplemental appropriation in the amount of $27,950 from the increase in the unappropriated balance of the General Fund resulting from these additional revenues.
Note: An abbreviated listing of upcoming City Council meetings.
Budget, Finance & Taxation Committee
Thursday, January 14, 2010, 8:00 a.m., Room 100
Public Services & Infrastructure Committee
Thursday, January 14, 2010, 9:30 a.m., Room 100
CRA/Agenda Review (1/21/10)
Thursday, January 14, 2010, 1:30 p.m., Room 100
City Council Meeting
Thursday, January 14, 2010, 3:00 p.m., Council Chamber
Committee of the Whole Waterfront Transportation & Parking
Thursday, January 28, 2010, Room 100, immediately following Agenda Review
4 Regular Members
(Terms expire 9/30/10 & 9/30/12)
Code Enforcement Board
2 Regular Members (Architect and Realtor categories)
(Terms expire 12/31/11 & 12/31/12)
Commission on Aging
3 Regular Members
(Terms expire 12/31/10 & 12/31/12)
Nuisance Abatement Board
2 Regular Members
(Terms expire 12/31/10 & 12/31/12)
Social Services Allocations Committee
1 Regular Member
(Term expires 9/30/12)