January 6, 2011
to the City of
1. If you are speaking under the Public Hearings, Appeals or Open Forum sections of the agenda, please observe the time limits indicated on the agenda.
2. Placards and posters are not permitted in the Chamber. Applause is not permitted except in connection with Awards and Presentations.
3. Please do not address Council from your seat. If asked by Council to speak to an issue, please do so from the podium.
4. Please do not pass notes to Council during the meeting.
5. Please be courteous to other members of the audience by keeping side conversations to a minimum.
6. The Fire Code prohibits anyone from standing in the aisles or in the back of the room.
7. If other seating is available, please do not occupy the seats reserved for individuals who are deaf/hard of hearing.
GENERAL AGENDA INFORMATION
your convenience, a copy of the agenda material is available for your review at
the Main Library,
If you are deaf/hard of hearing and require the services of an interpreter, please contact the City Clerk, 893-7448, or call our TDD Number, 892-5259, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting and we will provide that service for you.
January 6, 2011
A. Meeting Called to Order and Roll Call.
Invocation and Pledge to the Flag of the
B. Approval of Agenda with Additions and Deletions.
C. Consent Agenda (see attached)
D. Declaring the Elections of City Council Chair and Vice-Chair
E. Public Hearings and Quasi-Judicial Proceedings - 9:00 a.m.
NOTE: The following Public Hearing items have been submitted for consideration by the City Council. If you wish to speak on any of the Public Hearing items, please obtain one of the YELLOW cards from the containers on the wall outside of Council Chamber, fill it out as directed, and present it to the Clerk. You will be given 3 minutes ONLY to state your position on any item but may address more than one item.
1. Ordinance 1022-V approving the vacations of a remnant, 16-foot wide alley and remnant portion of 3rd Street North within the southern portion of the property located at 301 - 38th Avenue North. (City File 10-33000011)
5. Rescinding an unencumbered appropriation in the Public Safety and Capital Improvement Fund (3025) in the amount of $445,000 from the Lake Maggiore Fire Station No. 8 - New Station Project (11649); approving a supplemental appropriation in the amount of $445,000 resulting from this rescission, to the Lake Pasadena Fire Station 9 Renovation Project (12103). (Engineering Project Nos. 08232-018 and 09202-018; Oracle Nos. 11649 and 12103)
Ordinances - (First
Setting January 20, 2011 as the public hearing date for the following proposed Ordinance(s):
H. New Business
I. Council Committee Reports
(a) Approving the release of the External Audit Services Request for Proposals.
(a) Ordinance amending Chapter 27 of the St. Petersburg City Code relating to cross connection control and water meter connections.
K. Open Forum
If you wish to address City Council on
subjects other than public hearing or quasi-judicial items listed on this
agenda, please sign up with the Clerk prior to the meeting. Only the individual wishing to speak may sign
the Open Forum sheet and only City residents, owners of property in the City,
owners of businesses in the City or their employees may speak. All issues discussed under Open Forum must be
limited to issues related to the City of
Speakers will be called to address Council according to the order in which they sign the Open Forum sheet. In order to provide an opportunity for all citizens to address Council, each individual will be given three (3) minutes. The nature of the speakers' comments will determine the manner in which the response will be provided. The response will be provided by City staff and may be in the form of a letter or a follow-up phone call depending on the request.
Consent Agenda I
Consent Agenda A
January 6, 2011
NOTE: Business items listed on the yellow Consent Agenda cost more than one-half million dollars while the blue Consent Agenda includes routine business items costing less than that amount.
Consent Agenda II
Consent Agenda B
NOTE: The Consent Agenda contains normal, routine business items that are very likely to be approved by the City Council by a single motion. Council questions on these items were answered prior to the meeting. Each Councilmember may, however, defer any item for added discussion at a later time.
3. Approving the purchase of two replacement fire rescue vehicles from Wheeled Coach Industries, Inc. for the Fire Department at a total cost of $319,960; and approving a supplemental appropriation of $319,960 to the Emergency Medical Services Fund (1009), Fire Department (1501513) from the un-appropriated fund balance.
4. Awarding a six month agreement with Verizon Wireless of the East LP ("Verizon"), AT&T Mobility National Accounts LLC ("AT&T") and Sprint Solutions, Inc. (Sprint) for wireless data services for the Police and ICS departments at an estimated cost of $235,000.
an unencumbered appropriation in the Public Safety and Capital Improvement Fund
(3025) in the amount of $445,000 from the Lake Maggiore Fire Station No. 8 -
New Station Project (11649); approving a supplemental appropriation in the
amount of $445,000 resulting from this rescission, to the Lake Pasadena Fire
Station 9 Renovation Project (12103).
(Engineering Project Nos. 08232-018 and 09202-018; Oracle Nos. 11649 and
12103) [Moved to Reports as F-5]
12. Approving an Agreement with the Pinellas County Health Department to accept funding in the amount of $55,863 for the hiring of a policy analyst to provide services related to assessment and implementation of City programs related to reducing obesity; approving a supplemental appropriation in the amount of $55,863 from the increase in the unappropriated balance of the General Fund (0001) resulting from these additional revenues to the Human Resources Department; authorizing the Mayor or his designee to execute all documents necessary to effectuate the Agreement.
14. Confirming the reappointment of Gershom B. A. Faulkner and the appointment of Peter M. Witte, as regular members, to the Nuisance Abatement Board to serve three-year terms ending December 31, 2013.
15. Confirming the reappointment of Jeff Steckbeck, Doreen DeNormandie, Bradley Bell, Beatriz H. Williams, Catoura J. Tinch and Dennis R. DeLoach, III, as regular members to the Commission on Aging to serve three-year terms ending December 31, 2013.
20. Reappointing to the Code Enforcement Board Darryl C. Wilson, as a regular member - sub contractor category, and Dorothea Beane, as an alternate member; appointing Clifford Cook, currently an alternate member as a regular member - business category, and Gareth N. Eich, as a regular member - engineer category, all to serve three-year terms ending December 31, 2013; and appointing Mark Stephenson, as a regular member - architect category, and Jo Ann Malone, as an alternate, to fill unexpired three-year terms ending December 31, 2011.
21. Authorizing the Mayor or his designee to accept $237,375 from Pinellas County ("County") as the Citys share of the FY 2010 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant ("JAG") to continue funding of law enforcement initiatives as set out in the Countys grant application, and to execute all documents necessary to effectuate this transaction; approving a supplemental appropriation in the amount of $237,375 from the increase in the unappropriated balance of the Police Grants Trust Fund (1702) resulting from these additional revenues to the Police Department, Fiscal Support (140-1389) JAG 2010 Project (13111).
23. Authorizing the Mayor or his designee to execute Assistance Amendment No. 1 to a federally funded Cooperative Agreement ("Agreement") between the City and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency dated February 28, 2009, that reduces the amount of the grant ("Grant") provided in the Agreement, revises the scope of work and extends the budget and project period end date; and rescinding an unencumbered appropriation in the amount of $64,451 from Fleet Management Fund (5001), Fleet Maintenance Administration (800 2517) and the corresponding grant project National Clean Diesel Program (12350) resulting from the reduction in the amount of the Grant.
Note: An abbreviated listing of upcoming City Council meetings.
Budget, Finance & Taxation Committee
Thursday, January 13, 2011, 8:00 a.m., Room 100
Public Services & Infrastructure Committee
Thursday, January 13, 2011, 9:15 a.m., Room 100
Arts Funding Committee
Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:00 a.m., Room 100
CRA/Agenda Review & Administrative Updates
Thursday, January 13, 2011, 1:30 p.m., Room 100
City Council Meeting
Thursday, January 13, 2011, 3:00 p.m., Council Chamber
City Council Workshop Mahaffey RFP
Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10:00 a.m., Room 100
FY 2012 Budget Priorities Workshop
Thursday, January 20, 2011, 1:00 p.m., Room 100
City Council Workshop Mahaffey RFP (with responders)
Thursday, January 27, 2011, 2:30 p.m., Room 100
5 Regular Members
(Terms expire 12/31/13 & 12/31/12)
Code Enforcement Board
1 Regular Member (Architect category)
(Term expires 12/31/11)
Commission on Aging
1 Regular Member
(Term expires 12/31/13)
International Relations Committee
1 Regular Member
(Term expires 12/31/13)
Nuisance Abatement Board
4 Regular and Alternate Members
(Terms expire 8/31/12, 11/30/12, 12/31/12 & 12/31/13))
End notes for Quasi (delete if unneeded)