February 3, 2011
to the City of
1. If you are speaking under the Public Hearings, Appeals or Open Forum sections of the agenda, please observe the time limits indicated on the agenda.
2. Placards and posters are not permitted in the Chamber. Applause is not permitted except in connection with Awards and Presentations.
3. Please do not address Council from your seat. If asked by Council to speak to an issue, please do so from the podium.
4. Please do not pass notes to Council during the meeting.
5. Please be courteous to other members of the audience by keeping side conversations to a minimum.
6. The Fire Code prohibits anyone from standing in the aisles or in the back of the room.
7. If other seating is available, please do not occupy the seats reserved for individuals who are deaf/hard of hearing.
GENERAL AGENDA INFORMATION
your convenience, a copy of the agenda material is available for your review at
the Main Library,
If you are deaf/hard of hearing and require the services of an interpreter, please contact the City Clerk, 893-7448, or call our TDD Number, 892-5259, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting and we will provide that service for you.
February 3, 2011
A. Meeting Called to Order and Roll Call.
Invocation and Pledge to the Flag of the
B. Approval of Agenda with Additions and Deletions.
If you wish to address City Council on
subjects other than public hearing or quasi-judicial items listed on this
agenda, please sign up with the Clerk prior to the meeting. Only the individual wishing to speak may sign
the Open Forum sheet and only City residents, owners of property in the City,
owners of businesses in the City or their employees may speak. All issues discussed under Open Forum must be
limited to issues related to the City of
Speakers will be called to address Council according to the order in which they sign the Open Forum sheet. In order to provide an opportunity for all citizens to address Council, each individual will be given three (3) minutes. The nature of the speakers' comments will determine the manner in which the response will be provided. The response will be provided by City staff and may be in the form of a letter or a follow-up phone call depending on the request.
C. Consent Agenda (see attached)
D. Public Hearings and Quasi-Judicial Proceedings - 9:00 a.m.
2. Approving a Memorandum of Understanding between Jim Coats, Sheriff of Pinellas County, Florida, and the City of St. Petersburg, Florida in the amount of $100,000 to provide operational support for Pinellas Safe Harbor; and authorizing the Mayor or his designee to execute all documents necessary to effectuate this transaction.
7. Awarding a contract to R.E. Purcell Construction Co., Inc. in the amount of $3,485,000 for the Citywide Street Milling and Resurfacing FY 2011 Project. (Engineering Project Numbers 11003-130; Oracle Number 12853)
Ordinances - (First
G. New Business
6. Requesting that a Public Forum on the Mahaffey Theater Management Proposals be included on the agenda for the February 17, 2011 meeting following the scheduled Public Hearings. Further requesting the Administration advertise this forum on WSPF-TV and the City's website and other media deemed appropriate. (Chair Kennedy)
H. Council Committee Reports
Section 21-38 of the St. Petersburg City Code; allowing the consumption and
sale of alcoholic beverages at the
(a) Authorizing the execution and delivery of a lease/purchase agreement with Branch Banking and Trust Company and such other documents as necessary for the lease and purchase of golf carts for Mangrove Bay Golf Course.
(b) Accepting a bid from Textron, Inc., d/b/a E-Z-GO North Florida for electric golf carts for the Golf Courses Department at a total cost of $188,572.
J. Open Forum
Consent Agenda I
Consent Agenda A
February 3, 2011
NOTE: Business items listed on the yellow Consent Agenda cost more than one-half million dollars while the blue Consent Agenda includes routine business items costing less than that amount.
a contract to R.E. Purcell Construction Co., Inc. in the amount of $3,485,000
for the Citywide Street Milling and Resurfacing FY 2011 Project. (Engineering Project Numbers 11003-130;
Oracle Number 12853) [Moved
to Reports as E-7]
(Leisure & Community Services)
2. Authorizing the Mayor or his designee to execute an agreement between the City of St. Petersburg, Florida and the Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas County, Inc., to provide the school readiness program for qualified families for one year commencing April 1, 2011, and ending March 31, 2012.
Consent Agenda II
Consent Agenda B
NOTE: The Consent Agenda contains normal, routine business items that are very likely to be approved by the City Council by a single motion. Council questions on these items were answered prior to the meeting. Each Councilmember may, however, defer any item for added discussion at a later time.
4. Renewing agreements with Life Extension Clinics Inc. dba Life Scan Wellness Centers and Lakeside Occupational Medical Centers Inc., for medical exams and substance testing at an estimated annual cost of $248,200.
5. Renewing blanket purchase agreements with All About Hauling, Inc., Angelo's Aggregate Materials, LLC d/b/a Angelo's Recycled Materials, and Florida Dirt Source, LLC for road and landscape materials at an estimated annual cost of $100,000.
6. Awarding a three-year agreement to Tri-J Co Towing and Recovery, Inc. for vehicle towing and storage services for the Police, Sanitation and Billing and Collections departments; at an estimated annual amount of $30,000.
Note: An abbreviated listing of upcoming City Council meetings.
Budget, Finance & Taxation Committee
Thursday, February 10, 2011, 8:00 a.m., Room 100
Public Services & Infrastructure Committee
Thursday, February 10, 2011, 9:15 a.m., Room 100
Arts Funding Committee
Thursday, February 10, 2011, 11:00 a.m., Room 100
CRA/Agenda Review & Administrative Updates
Thursday, February 10, 2011, 1:30 p.m., Room 100
City Council Meeting
Thursday, February 10, 2011, 3:00 p.m., Council Chamber
City Council Workshop Pier (with consultant)
Thursday, February 17, 2011, 10:00 a.m., Room 100
6 Regular Members
(Terms expire 12/31/11 , 12/31/12 & 12/31/13)
Commission on Aging
1 Regular Member
(Term expires 12/31/13)
International Relations Committee
2 Regular Members
(Terms expire 12/31/13)
Nuisance Abatement Board
4 Regular and Alternate Members
(Terms expire 8/31/12, 11/30/12, 12/31/12 & 12/31/13))
End notes for Quasi (delete if unneeded)