May 19, 2011
to the City of
1. If you are speaking under the Public Hearings, Appeals or Open Forum sections of the agenda, please observe the time limits indicated on the agenda.
2. Placards and posters are not permitted in the Chamber. Applause is not permitted except in connection with Awards and Presentations.
3. Please do not address Council from your seat. If asked by Council to speak to an issue, please do so from the podium.
4. Please do not pass notes to Council during the meeting.
5. Please be courteous to other members of the audience by keeping side conversations to a minimum.
6. The Fire Code prohibits anyone from standing in the aisles or in the back of the room.
7. If other seating is available, please do not occupy the seats reserved for individuals who are deaf/hard of hearing.
GENERAL AGENDA INFORMATION
your convenience, a copy of the agenda material is available for your review at
the Main Library,
If you are deaf/hard of hearing and require the services of an interpreter, please contact the City Clerk, 893-7448, or call our TDD Number, 892-5259, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting and we will provide that service for you.
May 19, 2011
A. Meeting Called to Order and Roll Call.
Invocation and Pledge to the Flag of the
B. Approval of Agenda with Additions and Deletions.
If you wish to address
City Council on subjects other than public hearing or quasi-judicial
items listed on this agenda, please sign up with the Clerk prior to the
meeting. Only the individual wishing to
speak may sign the Open Forum sheet and only City residents, owners of property
in the City, owners of businesses in the City or their employees may
speak. All issues discussed under Open
Forum must be limited to issues related to the City of
Speakers will be called to address Council according to the order in which they sign the Open Forum sheet. In order to provide an opportunity for all citizens to address Council, each individual will be given three (3) minutes. The nature of the speakers' comments will determine the manner in which the response will be provided. The response will be provided by City staff and may be in the form of a letter or a follow-up phone call depending on the request.
C. Consent Agenda (see attached)
Ordinances - (First
Setting June 2, 2011 as the public hearing date for the following proposed Ordinance(s):
1. Approving the partial vacation of a 16-foot wide, unimproved alley located within the block bound by 1st Street North to the west, Bay Street NE to the east, 38th Avenue NE to the north, and 37th Avenue NE to the south. (City File 10-33000009)
2. Ordinance adding Section 27-284 to the St. Petersburg City Code requiring any person who obtains a permit to demolish a structure within City limits to deliver the debris generated by such demolition to a facility capable of recycling demolition debris and to provide the City with evidence that the debris was delivered to such a recycling facility.
amending Section 22.214.171.124.2 of the St. Petersburg City Code regarding exempt
signs; amending Section 126.96.36.199.3 regarding prohibited signs; allowing
informational, directional, and regulatory signs within rights-of-way, on
publicly-owned land, on easements for the use of the City or public utility
service providers, or in or upon any body of water within City limits only if
such signs are installed by the City or with the City's approval; and providing
that the person or business who owns or is advertised or identified on
off-premises signs or signs within rights-of-way, on publicly-owned land, or on
easements for the use of the City or public utility service providers shall be
presumed to have permitted the placement of the sign in the absence of evidence
to the contrary.
F. New Business
1. Referring to the Budget, Finance & Taxation Committee for discussion the possible adoption of a conflict-free products resolution regarding the use of the Congo's conflict minerals in consumer electronics. (Councilmember Kornell)
G. Council Committee Reports
1. Permission to add the City of St Petersburg as an amicus to the memorandum of support for a rehearing or in the event a rehearing is denied to an appellate brief regarding the 2nd DCA case of Communication Workers of America, et al v. City of Gainesville, Case No. 1D10-1616.
I. Public Hearings and Quasi-Judicial Proceedings - 6:00 PM
NOTE: The following Public Hearing items have been submitted for consideration by the City Council. If you wish to speak on any of the Public Hearing items, please obtain one of the YELLOW cards from the containers on the wall outside of Council Chamber, fill it out as directed, and present it to the Clerk. You will be given 3 minutes ONLY to state your position on any item but may address more than one item.
J. Open Forum
Consent Agenda I
Consent Agenda A
May 19, 2011
NOTE: Business items listed on the yellow Consent Agenda cost more than one-half million dollars while the blue Consent Agenda includes routine business items costing less than that amount.
Consent Agenda II
Consent Agenda B
NOTE: The Consent Agenda contains normal, routine business items that are very likely to be approved by the City Council by a single motion. Council questions on these items were answered prior to the meeting. Each Councilmember may, however, defer any item for added discussion at a later time.
a contract to Tampa Bay Construction and Engineering, Inc. in the amount of
$138,858 for the
the Mayor or his designee to execute Amendment 1 to Task Order No. 08-1-BE/T to
the agreement between the City of
2. Renewing a blanket purchase agreement with G.A. Food Services of Pinellas County, Inc. db/a G.A. Food Service, Inc. for the Summer Food Service Program for the Parks and Recreation Department at an estimated annual amount of $332,028
4. Awarding a bid from Constructive Resource, Inc. d/b/a AAA Solar Source for solar thermal water heater installations at city facilities for the Engineering and Capital Improvements Department at a total cost of $169,250, pursuant to an Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) awarded to the city by the U.S. Department of Energy ("DOE").
5. Authorizing the Mayor or his designee to execute amendments to two existing grants from the FAA in the amount of $17,793 for design changes and $68,379 for construction for the taxiway "D", Ramp and Reils project; approving a supplemental appropriation in the amount of $87,829 from the increase in the unappropriated balance of the Airport Capital Projects Fund (4033), resulting from these additional revenues, approving a transfer from the Airport Operating Fund (4031) to the Airport Capital Projects Fund (4033) in the amount of $1,657; authorizing the Mayor or his designee to execute all documents necessary to effectuate this resolution.
(Leisure & Community Services)
6. Resolution amending City Council Resolution No. 2010-571 to increase the $120,000 Home Investment Partnership ("HOME") 0% interest Non-recourse, Subordinate Loan authorized to Broadwater Place, Inc., a Boley Centers, Inc. Subsidiary to a new loan amount of $170,000; providing that all other provisions of Resolution No. 2010-571 not amended herein shall remain in full force and effect; and authorizing the Mayor or his designee to execute all documents necessary to effectuate this transaction.
7. Confirming the appointment of Ada M. McFarley and Joseph L. Smith as regular members to the Nuisance Abatement Board to fill unexpired three-year terms ending December 31, 2012 and December 31, 2013, respectively.
Note: An abbreviated listing of upcoming City Council meetings.
Consolidated Plan Review Committee
Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 8:00 a.m., Room 100
FY12 CIP Budget Workshop
Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 1:00 p.m., Room 100
Budget, Finance & Taxation Committee
Thursday, May 12, 2011, 8:00 a.m., Room 100
Public Services & Infrastructure Committee
Thursday, May 12, 2011, 9:15 a.m., Room 100
Arts Funding Committee
Thursday, May 12, 2011, 11:00 a.m., Room 100
CRA/Agenda Review & Administrative Updates (May 19, 2011)
Thursday, May 12, 2011, 1:30 p.m., Room 100
City Council Meeting
Thursday, May 12, 2011, 3:00 p.m., Council Chamber
Fiscal Year 2012 Budget Summits 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011,
Committee of the Whole
Thursday, May 19, 2011, 1:00 p.m., Room 100
Fiscal Year 2012 Budget Summits 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011,
6 Regular Members
(Terms expire 12/31/11, 12/31/12 & 12/31/13)
Commission on Aging
1 Regular Member
(Term expires 12/31/13)
International Relations Committee
2 Regular Members
(Terms expire 12/31/13)
Nuisance Abatement Board
4 Regular and Alternate Members
(Terms expire 8/31/12, 11/30/12, 12/31/12 & 12/31/13))
End notes for Quasi (delete if unneeded)