The Development Review Commission (DRC) evaluates and acts on the development proposals within the City in order to ensure compliance with the Comprehensive Plan, zoning ordinance, and other appropriate City regulations.
DRC cases include these and other applications as shown on the Decisions and Appeals Table, Section 16.70.015.
For additional information on the Commission, contact Development Review Services at 727-892-5498.
Function of Committee
The DRC acts as the Land Development Regulation Commission (LDRC) for the purposes of and as required by the Local Government Comprehensive Planning and Land Development Regulation Act to review and evaluate proposed modifications to the Land Development Regulations, except as to certain historic and archaeological preservation matters where the Community Preservation Commission serves as the LDRC.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
The DRC meets generally the first Wednesday of every month in Council Chambers, City Hall.
The DRC is composed of seven regular members and three alternate members. Each member is a resident of the City and is appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council for a three year term. Regular members may serve for two consecutive full terms.
In making appointments to the DRC, the Mayor and City Council seek a membership with diverse economic, geographic, social, and professional representation and, where possible, includes members qualified and experienced in the fields of architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering, construction, and land use law and real estate.
- Joe Griner, Chair – First Term - Expires September 30, 2018
- Darren Stowe, Vice Chair – Second Term - Expires September 30, 2019
- Richard Doyle, Regular Member – Second Term - Expires September 30, 2019
- Ann Vickstrom, Regular Member – Filling Unexpired Term – Expires September 30, 2017
- Chuck Flynt, Regular Member – First Term - Expires September 30, 2017
- Calvin Samuel, Regular Member - Expires September 30, 2019
- Bob Schumaker, Regular Member – First Term - Expires September 30, 2018
- Patricia Castellano, Alternate Member - Expires September 30, 2018
- Matt Walker, Alternate Member - Expires September 30, 2019
- Melissa Rutland, Alternate Member - Expires September 30, 2019