The Employee Recognition Committee was created in 1997 to initiate a coordinated Employee Achievement Award program to reward employees for a job well done.
The objectives of the Employee Recognition Committee are to fulfill the following:
- To establish and implement sustainable policies and procedures for a comprehensive employee recognition program.
- To support the standards of service set forth in the City's "Mission, Vision, and Values" and to comply with the City of St. Petersburg's Rules and Regulations.
- To encourage appropriate recognition of service which exceeds expectations.
- To promote individual and organizational pride.
- Katie Brew, Chair – Parks and Recreation
- Kelly Leavens, Vice Chair – Water Resources
- Jennifer Anderson – Sanitation
- Lisa Brekke – Fire and Rescue
- Shawn Drouin – Parks & Recreation
- Robin Greene – Police
- Lynn Goodwin – City Administration
- Charlene Iannello – Public Works
- Captain David Kadau – Fire Rescue
- Rosie Stovall – Marketing
- Jessica Wresilo – Human Resources
The City of St. Petersburg's Mission, Vision and Values statement
St. Petersburg will be a city of opportunity where the sun shines on all who come to live, work and play. We will be an innovative, creative and competitive community that honors our past while pursuing our future.
City of St. Petersburg employees are recognized for outstanding service through these awards:
- Kudos: Recognizes a job well done and exceptional service for helping to make the city of St. Petersburg the wonderful community that it is to live, work and play.
- Impactful Service: Recognizes outstanding service by an employee or group of employees, either to the public or another employee/department.
- Servant Leadership: Recognizes the contribution of any employee or group of employees who go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Innovation Award Program: Established in an effort to encourage and reward exceptional service and/or innovation demonstrated by City personnel.
The Employee Recognition Awards Ceremony is intended to provide an opportunity for peers to recognize employees for Length of Service of 20 years or more. The Impactful Service and Servant Leadership awards are also presented. Ceremonies are held in the Garden Room at Sunken Gardens, 1825 Fourth Street North, at 8:30 a.m. in January, May and September.
Submit an Employee Achievement Award recommendation and contact information:
The Employee Recognition Committee welcomes submissions for outstanding service from the public and from within the city.
*Information to include in the submission:
- date of service rendered,
- employee name(s) and/ or department(s),
- description of outstanding service rendered
- and your name and contact information (not required).
Submission can be made by mail or online:
City of St. Petersburg
P.O. Box 2842
St. Petersburg, Florida 33731
Attention: Employee Recognition Committee
Use this Online Submission form.