The city's grants and contracts management program provides a comprehensive approach to increase grant funding opportunities and enhance service delivery to CSP grant and contract administrators, and ultimately the citizens of St. Petersburg.
Grants awarded to CSP are financial assistance from external entities that support of public projects, and are dispensed to the city directly or passed through another entity such as the state or other governmental and non-state entities.
Accounting properly for grant expenditures and providing program documentation and evaluation is critical to the renewal of city grant awards and our continued success in obtaining external funding.
All departments should contact the Contracts & Grants Officer in the Budget and Management Department for assistance when considering a grant, to discuss the scope of the grant, the potential impact on operations, financial considerations, and the procedures utilized by the grantor agency, and complete a Grant Application Review form. The applicant department is responsible for preparing the actual grant application.CSP Grant Committee
- All proposals and other requests to outside agencies for funding must be routed through the CSP Grants Committee for approval prior to submittal to a granting agency.
Contracts are recorded in the Oracle database, and are approved through an electronic process, which is determined by the selected document type for the respective contract record.
Contract records must be created for all contracts that meet the following criteria:
- Purchase of services not covered under a current Blanket Purchase Agreement
- Any service or project requiring a bond
- Contracts requiring the management of data items such as insurance requirements, expiration dates, milestones, and reports
- All professional/consulting services, e.g.: architectural, engineering, construction management, insurance, legal, medical, and financial services
- Real-estate agreements, including buy/sell transactions, easements, leases, and licenses
- All other contracts/agreements required by CSP management to be managed in Oracle Project Contracts
- Contracts requiring City Council approval must have an "internally approved" contract record in Oracle Project Contracts priorto the council's approval.
- All contract records shall be established in Oracle Project Contracts prior to the execution of the contract.