Adults who are in a domestic partnership relationship may register with the City Clerk's Office as part of the city's new Domestic Partnership Registry ordinance passed June 7.
Registration is offered Monday through Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Due to conflicts with City Council meetings and agenda preparation, no registry appointments will be made on Thursdays and Fridays. The City Clerk's Office is located on the main floor of St. Petersburg City Hall, 175 Fifth St. N. For more information, call 727-893-7448.
In order to receive a Domestic Partnership Certificate,
- Both parties must be present at the time of initial registration to process a Registration Affidavit, a legal document that will be notarized by City Clerk's Office staff.
- A photo ID is necessary for each party (Drivers License, State Issued ID, Passport, Military ID).
- Initial registration is $30 payable in cash, check or money order to the City of St. Petersburg. (No credit or debit cards can be accepted.)
For the initial $30 registration fee, you will receive a copy of the registration affidavit (original copy will be recorded with the Pinellas County Clerk of Court), two wallet cards and a formal certificate.
- Registration Affidavit - Sample - This form can only be completed in person with both individuals present at the office of the City Clerk.
- Affidavit of Amendment - Address Update - This form may be completed to update your registration if there is an address change.
- Affadavit of Amendment - Legal Name Update - This form may be completed to update your registration if there is a legal name change.
- Affidavit of Termination - This form may be completed to terminate your registration.