Teams Invited to Second Stage (8)
- ahha! Design Group SOQ
- Alfonso Architects SOQ
- FR-EE SOQ
- Ross Barney Architects SOQ
- Rogers Partners, ASD and Ken Landscape Architecture SOQ
- St. Pete Design Group SOQ
- VOA SOQ
- W Architecture SOQ
Statement of Qualifications Received (16)
The next step in the new St. Petersburg Pier Process is for the city to issue a Request For Qualifications (RFQ) to interested design teams for the redesign and replacement, or renovation, of the Pier. The RFQ document details the scope of the project among other important information so design teams can submit a Statement Of Qualifications (SOQ) to the City.
The RFQ is a two (2)-stage selection process.
- The first stage is to solicit a SOQ from interested Teams, evaluate their qualifications along with their proposed approach, and shortlist the most qualified Teams to be invited to the second stage.
- The second stage is the submission of initial design concepts.
St. Petersburg Pier Design Team Selection Request for Qualifications
(Deadline past for submissions)
Submission of the statement of qualifications is due on September 5, 2014. A selection committee will shortlist the most qualified design teams, who are then invited to the second phase of the process.
During stage two, the shortlisted design teams will each receive a $30,000 stipend to submit an initial design concept, complete with reports, renderings, cost estimates and a description of how the programmatic elements meet the findings of the Pier Working Group (a 21-member volunteer citizen committee appointed by Mayor Rick Kriseman). It is anticipated that a final plan will be approved and contract negotiations will begin with the accepted team early next year.