Reducing blight and improving livability
The Codes Compliance Assistance Department (CCAD) maintains the quality and extends the life of existing housing, to stabilize neighborhoods and to protect the community. We do this by educating property owners and enforcing the city codes, including zoning issues, housing, vegetation and maintenance standards.
- We support neighborhoods, associations and city teams to address community priorities.
- Addressing unsafe structures through condemnation or securing.
- Encourage voluntary compliance with minimum property maintenance codes.
- Refer residents in need to volunteer help and loan programs.
- Support City Council to craft and administer ordinances which address community concerns.
- Address blighting issues such as overgrown vegetation, junk and rubbish in right-or-ways, inoperative motor vehicles and illegal dumping.
- Discourage unsafe maintenance and parking practices that may otherwise lead to criminal activity and vehicle accidents.
- Providing inspections for tenants to insure minimum standards for rental units.
Become a Community Partner
To keep St. Petersburg a great place to live, learn, work and play: Report violations in your neighborhood.
Visit the Mayor's Action Center using SeeClickFix St. Pete to report code violations through the City's web site, or telephone the Codes Compliance Assistance office at 727-893-7373 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Have a voice in the solutions - attend your neighborhood association meetings.