A Neighborhood Service
The mission of the Codes Compliance Assistance Department (CCAD) is to maintain the quality and extend the life of existing housing, to stabilize neighborhoods and to protect the public. We do this by educating property owners and enforcing the city codes, including zoning issues and housing and vegetation maintenance standards.
- Encourage voluntary compliance
- Support neighborhoods and city teams.
- Refer citizens in need to volunteer help and loan programs.
- Support City Council to craft and administer ordinances which address community concerns.
- Address blighting issues such as overgrown vegetation, junk and rubbish in right-or-ways, inoperative motor vehicles and illegal dumping.
- Discourage unsafe maintenance and parking practices that may otherwise lead to criminal activity and vehicle accidents.
Be a Community Partner
To keep St. Petersburg a great place to live, learn, work and play: Report violations in your neighborhood. Use Action Online to report code violations through the City's web site, or telephone the Codes Compliance Assistance office at 727-893-7373 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Have a voice in the solutions - attend your neighborhood association meetings.