The Lien Amnesty Program is a one time program to run from April 1, 2009 to September 30, 2009. City Council approved an extension of the program to run until November 30, 2009. The program goal is to provide relief to properties that have been clouded by financial encumbrances due to penalties placed as Order(s) Imposing Lien on the property. Hence, properties become more viable to owners to maintain and marketable during this substantial national economic downturn.
This program allows an individual to request the release of any Order(s) Imposing Lien from a property for payment of 20% of the unpaid fine amounts. Applications must be submitted and qualifying criteria must be met.
- Applicant must be the current property owner, the owner's attorney or authorized agent of the owner and must pay a $50.00 application fee. All other applicants must pay a $100.00 application fee.
- Applications will be accepted for a single property.
- Requests are for Order(s) Imposing Lien only.
- There can be no active codes cases on the property.
- There can be no active codes cases on any property owned by the current owner of the property.
- Payment must be received within 5 business days of notification that the application is approved.