Wengay M. "Newt" Newton Sr. - District 7
Terms of Office:
Elected to Council November 2007. Re-elected in 2011. Term expires January 2, 2016.
- Co-Chair, Co-Sponsored Events Committee
- Legislative Affairs and Intergovernmental Relations Committee
- Housing Services Committee (alternate)
- Public Services and Infrastructure Committee
- Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council
- Tampa Bay Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA)
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA)
- Worknet Pinellas
Owner of Newton's Photography Studio since 2000. Previously with Xerox Corporation for 17 years.
Member of the Westminster Heights Neighborhood Association. Also currently with Midtown Rotary, Friends of Weedon Island Board of Directors, Pinellas County HIPPY Program Advisory Committee. Servers on boards for the Boys and Girls Club, Job Corps Advisory, Carrera After School Program Advisory, First Tee Program, 5000 Role Models of Excellence and Suncoast Tiger Bay Board of Directors. Formerly served on the City of St. Petersburg's Nuisance Abatement Board.
Education and Awards:
Northeast High School, Class of 1981
ITT Technical Institute
CONA Leadership Graduate, Class of 2006
2007 City of St. Petersburg Neighborhood Association Awards
Association President of the Year, Honorable Mention
Best Neighborhood Newsletter, Honorable Mention
He and his wife Melissa have been married for 20 years. They have four children, Anthonio, Brandon, Chelsea and Wengay M. Newton Jr. and five grandchildren He is a native of St. Petersburg.