Historically known as a tourist destination, St. Petersburg has much more to offer with nearly 16,000 businesses and opportunities for growth in major industry sectors: Marine and Life Sciences, Specialized Manufacturing, Financial Services, Data Analytics, and Creative Arts and Design. Notably, the city is home to the largest financial services sector in Florida as well as the largest marine research center in the Southeast.
Latest News: St. Petersburg Topped 2016 Best Small Business CitiesYahoo! Finance
A relatively low cost of living, vibrant arts and culture scene, and revitalized waterfront location attract and retain a younger population in St. Petersburg. Additionally, a large, educated workforce and remarkable transportation network continue to help attract new businesses and professionals to the city.
Learn more about St. Petersburg from "St. Petersburg - The Changing face of Paradise" by Florida Trend magazine.
- One of the 5 Best Summer Travel Destinations (Travel + Leisure 2016)
- One of the Best U.S. Cities to Spend a Weekend (The Thrillist 2016)
- #1 Best City for Millennial Job Seekers (NerdWallet 2015)
- #1 Town in America for Craft Lovers (American Craft Week 2015)
- One of America’s Most Affordable Metros (Forbes 2014)
- #2 Most Beautiful City in the USA (The Culture Trip 2015)
- #6 Most Underrated City in the US (BuzzFeed 2015)