- One of the most concentrated Financial Services sector in Florida and the region - double that of the average American community
- Raymond James, headquartered in St. Petersburg, is the largest financial services firm outside of Wall Street
- 25% of bachelor’s degrees awarded regionally are in fields of study
directly related to Financial Services
Financial Services is the largest employment sector in St. Petersburg, employing thousands of local residents in high-paying careers. Impressively, the city has the most concentrated Financial Services sector in Florida and the region - double that of the average American community. The sector provides customers with wealth-management, planning, and shared-services support through three niches: security and asset management, insurance, and customer care.
As Florida’s leader in financial services, the city is a major exporter with billions in exports annually. Excellent quality of life, workforce development opportunities, and a superb telecommunications infrastructure make St. Petersburg a good investment for financial services firms. Sunny weather, beautiful waterfront, growing arts scene, and impressive downtown redevelopment easily attracts a young professional workforce with skills coveted by financial services firms. Many regional institutions maintain a sustainable source of valuable labor with their business and finance-related degree programs.
Notable institutions supporting financial services include the University of South Florida (USF) St. Petersburg, USF Tampa, Pinellas Technical College, St. Petersburg College (SPC), and Eckerd College. St. Petersburg is set to remain a leader in financial services.
Security & Asset Management
- Raymond James Financial
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- American Strategic Insurance
- Castle Key Insurance Company
- UPC Insurance
- GTE Credit Union
- Suncoast Credit Union
- SERV (American Express)