Affordable and sustainable housing opportunities for all segments of our community are recognized as an important part of developing and maintaining a healthy economy and workforce. In 2014, St. Petersburg City Council approved $400,000 of funding for a housing rehabilitation incentive program targeting residential structures located in the target area (map below). The “Rebates for Residential Rehabs,” or RRR program, creates an incentive for private investment in the target area by providing a 20 percent rebate of the cost of specific building improvements to the owner of the residential property.
The incentive will stimulate “real” renovations by leveraging the $400,000 City investment with a minimum of $2,000,000 of private investment. The RRR program will also bolster employment in the construction industry. Residential rehab labor costs typically represent 50 percent of the total renovation expense, thereby promoting $1,000,000 spending on workforce wages in the construction industry.
- Background Information and FAQs - Learn more about the initative and application process
- Application - Rebates for Residential Rehabs
- Application Checklist - Residential Rehabs Rebate program
Map of Program Area
- Interactive Map - Rebates for Residential Rehab Program
- Complete Map - Residential Rehab Rebate Program Area
Related Rebate or Incentive Programs:
- Energy-Efficiency Rebates & Incentives - Residential Customers
- Energy-Efficiency Incentives, Rebates - Business Customers
- City Water Conservation Rebate Programs
- Historic Property Incentives