Other City Services:Translate this page
Modified:Nov 18, 2013 12:57 PM
COOL OFF AND CELEBRATE AT THE GRAND OPENING OF NEW WATER PLAYGROUND AT DELL HOLMES PARK
Ribbon Cutting to celebrate the grand opening of the city's newest water
playground from 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 16 at Dell Holmes Park, 2741
22nd Street South. The Ribbon Cutting will take place at approximately 9:15
a.m. Refreshments will be served, with music and games provided by TASCO (Teen
Arts, Sports and Cultural Opportunities).
The SplashPad is a 3000 square foot, zero-depth water playground that uses
3000 gallons of filtered water recirculating through an underground tank.
Visitors can enjoy the SplashPad from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily now through
October 31. (The SplashPad will close for winter to reopen on May 1.) Guests
use a self-actuating switch that operates the water feature in 15 minute
intervals. A motion sensor provides non-stop fun when triggered. Bathing load
is 70 persons.
The design of the SplashPad complements the surrounding lakeside environment
with cattails, flowers, frogs, alligators and fish. The area also features two
showers, picnic tables, benches and a shady area for comfort from the heat.
Dell Holmes Park, formerly known as Lakeview Park, was dedicated on January
27, 2007 to the memory of Litdell M. "Dell" Holmes, Jr., who served as St.
Petersburg Parks Director from 1983 to 2003.
site map contact us web policies
- Mar. 7 - ST. PETERSBURG INTERNATIONAL BASEBALL OPENS SUNDAY MARCH 9 AT AL LANG STADIUM
- Feb. 28 - PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION DEADLINE APPROACHING
- Feb. 28 - ST. PETERSBURG GOES TO THE DOGS WITH SOUTHEASTERN GUIDE DOGS WALKATHON
- Feb. 21 - BLUE OCEAN FILM FESTIVAL CASTS LINE FOR ENTRIES
- Feb. 21 - ST. PETERSBURG READIES FOR 2014 FIRESTONE GRAND PRIX OF ST. PETERSBURG