This is a request for qualifications (RFQ) for multi-disciplinary teams capable of providing the services required. The City will not limit nor dictate the composition of the Teams.
All Teams are required to register in advance of the submission of the SOQ to enable the City to gauge the interest in the design competition itself. No registration fee will be charged to enter Stage 1. The Registration Form can be downloaded from the competition website and must be completed and sent via registered mail to the City of St. Petersburg Engineering and Capital Improvements Department, Attn. Bryan Eichler, by 3:00 PM EST on July 8, 2011. The address is:
Engineering and Capital Improvements Department
Municipal Services Center, Seventh Floor
One Fourth Street North
St. Petersburg, Florida 33701
The registration shall include:
- Stated interest in the competition and the intent to submit a SOQ package as requested in the RFQ.
- Listing of all Team members and their roles on the project should the team be selected.
- Understanding and acceptance of the competition process, rules and requirements, stipend conditions, schedule and expected design submittal requirements.
Detailed SOQ and portfolio submission must include the following:
Proposed Design Team Organization
- Identify all major team members and, sub-consultants and outline their respective responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the Team's ability to work cooperatively with multiple clients and sub-consultants.
- Identify key individuals who would be assigned to the project and their roles and responsibilities.
- Proposed Team organization chart.
The Team shall provide a written or diagrammatic description of the Team's interest and intended approach, design philosophy; initial ideas on how the redevelopment of the Pier will fit into the downtown waterfront context of St. Petersburg, as well as the perceived urban design opportunities inherent in the Team's overall vision for the project. The design approach utilized on other significant projects as well as the process envisioned for this project shall be described in order to demonstrate an understanding of the design issues.
Relevant Project Examples:
The Team shall identify comparable and relevant project examples of major waterfront or iconic structures in urban settings similar to the vision for this project. Examples must be limited to projects completed within the past ten (10) years. The experience of the Team relative to similar projects shall include a description of the project objectives, the resulting solution and the significant or key attributes that made the project a successful landmark. The SOQ must indicate how previous project examples are relevant to this project.
- Client Name and description of the project.
- Comparison of project budget and final costs to the client.
- Comparison of the original and actual project schedule.
- The client's contact person and telephone number.
In addition, the previous project descriptions should include the following:
Team Background and Experience:
This section shall include the background and history of each of the members of the Team along with their experience and credentials. The methods by which each of the individual team members will participate in the process shall be stated. A detailed resume of the Team's lead designer shall be provided. The proposed key lead designer and the proposed substitute shall have a minimum of ten (10) years of applicable experience and shall remain with the project throughout the term of the A/E Agreement with the City. The qualifications, experience, awards and design recognition, other competitions entered and won and the education of the lead designer and any other pertinent team members shall be submitted.
The lead designer shall not be replaced or substituted without the prior approval of the City. Experience included on the resume must be limited to projects completed within the past ten (10) years. In addition the following information must be provided:
- One (1) updated Standard Form 254 or Standard Form 330, for each member of the Team.
- Professional Licenses. Copy of each member of the Team's current applicable professional license. Identify Florida specific licenses as requested.
- References. A list of three (3) client contact persons for whom the lead designer has recently provided services similar in nature to this project.
- Format and number of copies required:
- One original and eight (8) bound hard copy sets of the SOQ must be submitted. In addition, one electronic file on a CD in pdf format must also be submitted.
- Submission and compliance check: City staff will receive the SOQ packages, perform an initial review of completeness and forward to the Jury for their review.
The Jury will evaluate the SOQs and develop a "long list" of up to ten (10) qualified Teams for further consideration.
- City staff will review the references, and qualifications of the long list Teams and obtain any other background information requested by the Jury. Any questions or request for clarifications for the long list Teams will be issued in writing by the City at this time. Staff will provide the Jury a summary report of the findings for final evaluation.
- The Jury will select three (3) final Teams to be invited to participate in the Design Concept Submission, subject to City Council Approval.
- City Staff enters into Agreement with selected short list Teams for design concept and takes to City Council for approval.