- A Competition mandatory briefing and site visit will be required of the three (3) Stage 2 Teams. The briefing will include a series of conversations with the public, the City Staff, and elected officials. The environmental permitting agencies will also have representatives at the briefing.
In addition to discussions on the competition procedures and requirements, the agenda will include presentations on the history of the Pier, budget constraints and the programmatic opportunities. The required format for estimates of probable construction cost, the detailed environmental permitting analysis, detailed planning documents and existing geotechnical and structural reports will be provided to each of the Teams.
- Question and Answer Period. Written questions can be submitted on any aspect of the competition by established deadline. Copies of all questions and answers will be posted to the competition website.
- Mandatory Qualification Package contents:
The following will be required, at a minimum, as deliverables for the Competition submittal stage:
- The proposed project program and its justification; the planning/design parameters and basis of design; the description of the planning/design major concepts.
- Overall diagrammatic site plan(s) indicating development concepts from Bay Shore Drive Northeast to the Pier Head.
- Specific site development plans from the end of the landside to the Pier Head. (See Physical Area Limitations on the other resources page)
- Plans, elevations, sections necessary to fully describe the proposed concept.
- Emotive colored drawings necessary to describe the place making design attitude of the project.
- Narratives describing the major elements of the project, including proposed major materials, infrastructure systems, construction systems.
- Phasing diagrams.
- Estimated schedule.
- Projected construction costs for the proposed project in prescribed detail. [NOTE: The total estimated cost of that portion of the project over water referenced in Physical Area Limitations ( on the other resources page) shall not exceed $45 million, including all hard and soft cost]
- Digital renderings, simulated fly-over computer generated models depicting the experience of moving through the project and the views back toward the city. Physical models at the discretion of the Team.
- Two sets of a maximum of eight (8) 36" x 48" horizontally orientated boards illustrating the concept, including the plans, elevations, sections, perspectives and diagrams necessary to explain the process.
- Eight (8) printed copies of a document in 8.5" x 11" format that contains a written narrative describing the design concept and a printed copy of each board scaled to 11" x 17" format.
- Eight (8) copies of CD's or DVD's containing all of the design concepts and written narratives in either digital or PDF format at a scale and size appropriate for both web posting and printing.