About St. Pete:
St. Petersburg is the fifth largest city in Florida with a population of around 250,000. Located on the west side of Tampa Bay, the city has a wide range of entertainment and cultural venues for visitors to enjoy.
Visitor information centers:
At a glance:
|Average Temp.||73 F||22 C|
|Average High||81 F||27 C|
|Average Low||65 F||18 C|
|Average Rain||45.8 in.||116 cm|
The City is accessible through 3 different airport: Tampa International, St. Petersburg/Clearwater International and Albert Whitted. Tampa International is a major hub, providing flights from all large American flag carriers, most American regional carriers, and many international carriers. The St. Petersburg/Clearwater international airport is a regional airport primarily serviced by Allegiant Air. Albert Whitted is a general aviation airport located right by the heart of down town with a new terminal and full FBO services for small private or chartered flights.
Rental Car Information:
Tampa International has on-site car rental by:
St. Petersburg Clearwater has on-site rentals by:
Albert Whitted has onsite car rentals provided by:
- From Tampa international
- Follow Airport exits to Southbound I-275 take the left exits onto I-375 to get to 4th Ave. N, or I-175 exits onto 5th Ave. S.
- From St. Pete/Clearwater
- Take Roosevelt Blvd. Southeast and turn right onto southbound I-275 take the left exits onto I-375 to get to 4th Ave. N, or I-175 exits onto 5th Ave. S.
- From Albert Whitted
- Take 5th Ave. SE. west and turn right onto 1st St. S. straight into downtown
St. Petersburg has more than 80 hotels from national chains to bed & breakfasts. No matter what your budget or preferred location, St. Petersburg has a room to fit your need. Visit our GIS google map to view locations and get contact information for area hotels.
Important Events by Month:
To see what's going on in St. Petersburg, visit www.stpete.org/events and click on the month you plan to visit
St. Petersburg is serviced by the PSTA with a variety of buses running throughout downtown and the surrounding community. To find out about fares and see maps of the various routes, visit the PSTA web site.
St. Petersburg is located less than 30 minutes from some of the finest beaches in the country. Pass-a-grille, John's Pass, and St. Pete Beach have a wide range of restaurants and hotels where visitors can enjoy a beautiful beach side sunset. The city is also just 20 minutes from Fort DeSoto Beach, rated the best area beach by Tripadvisor.com for 2009.
DISCLAIMER - The information contained below is provided for your personal use as is, along with the understanding that it is not guaranteed to be accurate, correct, or complete. Information found here should not be used to make financial decisions or other commitments and any conclusions drawn from such information are the responsibility of the user. Reference herein to any specific business or commercial products, process or service by trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the City of St. Petersburg and is not advertising or a product endorsement. The City of St. Petersburg makes no warrantee or guarantee as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of this list and assumes no liability for the actions of any entity listed below.
|Blue Star Cabs||727-327-4104|
|Suncoast Yellow Cab||727-821-7777|
|Tampa/St. Pete Airport Taxi & Shuttle||727-493-0110|
|Clearwater Yellow Cab||727-525-3333|
|Independent Taxi Services||727-327-3444|
|Yellow Cab St. Pete||727-328-8685|
|St. Pete Taxi||727-327-3600|
|Pinellas Bay Taxi||727-564-4955|
|Beach Taxi & Airport Service||727-797-2230|
PSTA runs two special bus services to make getting around downtown easy. The Looper cost only 25 cents every time you get on and services major points all over downtown. The Central Avenue Shuttle connects to The Looper at Baywalk and provides service from the central avenue bus depot to The Peir. For route information and fairs visit the PSTA web site.
Important Phone Numbers:
|St. Petersburg/Clearwater Visitor Bureau||727-464-7200 or 1-877-352-3224|
|St. Petersburg Police Department||727-893-7780|
|St. Petersburg Fire Department||727-893-7694|
|St. Petersburg Marina||1-800-782-8350|
|St. Petersburg Pier||727-821-6443|
|Tampa Bay Ray's Tickets||727-825-3137|
|General Information Line||2-1-1 (in Pinellas County only)|
St. Petersburg has plenty of attractions for visitors to explore. The city is home to seven museums and four theaters to satisfy cultural curiosity. There are also 140 parks throughout the city ranging in size from a couple blocks to over 200 acres. Three different PGA quality golf courses are maintained by the city, with difficulties ranging from beginner to pro. The St. Petersburg Pier contains lots owned "mom and pop" shops and restaurants which let visitors enjoy a stunning view of Tampa Bay along with the local culture.
St. Petersburg is home to 7 different museums, each of which provides a unique cultural perspective.
- The Dr. G. Carter Woodson African American Museum
- The Carter Woodon Museum highlights African American culture throughout the area and nation.
The Florida Holocaust Museum
- The Holocaust Museum immortalizes the struggles undergone by Jewish, Homosexual, and other discriminated groups throughout the Nazi occupation.
- Great Explorations Children's Museum
- Great Explorations houses interactive exhibits designed to help children learn about science and the natural world.
- The St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts
- The Museum of Fine Arts, located right on the waterfront, holds a wide range of permanent and traveling exhibits in over 20 galleries.
- Salvador Dali Museum
- The Dali is the home of the largest collection of the surrealist's work in the America with over 1,400 original works.
The St. Petersburg Museum of History
- The Museum of History highlights the rich heritage of Florida's past, especially on the Pinellas County peninsula.
St. Petersburg has a thriving community for performing arts with 4 different active theaters.
- The Mahaffey Theater at Progress Energy Center for the Arts
- Mahaffey Theater stages a wide range of shows from local school orchestras to traveling Broadway shows.
- American Stage Theater Company
- American Stage is a regional theater group who annually host a full season of stage shows including American Stage in the Park at Demens Landing, a local favorite.
- The Palladium Theater
- The Palladium is one of the most popular stages for jazz and other musical acts to showcase their talent.
- The St. Petersburg Little Theater
- SPLT is the oldest running community theater in Florida, currently in its 84th seasons.
- Beaches- about 15 minutes
- Tampa- about 25 minutes
- Sarasota- about 45 minutes
- Fort Myers- 1 hour and 50 minutes
- Orlando attractions- about 1 hour and 50 minutes
- Jacksonville- about 4 hours
- Miami- about 4 hours
- Key West- 7 hours
St. Petersburg is servered by the following major medical facilities:
- Bayfront Medical Center
- All Children's Hospital
- Edward White Hospital
- St. Petersburg General Hospital
- Northside Hospital and Heart Institute
- St. Anthony's Hospital
Traveling with your pet:
St. Petersburg isn't only a fun place for you to visit, but also a great place to enjoy with your pet. The city has 6 different dog parks where your pooch can run free and make new friends while staying safe in these double gated, high fenced areas. They can even accompany you downtown for lunch and dinner. The doggie dining ordinance allows local restaurants to provide an outdoor area where you and your dog can enjoy a meal together.
To see where St. Petersburg is in relation to the rest of Florida, click here.
To see a wide variety of maps that have all the information you'll need about St. Petersburg, go to the city's map page.