The Billing and Collections Department oversees the billing and collection activities for the following divisions: Business Tax, Central Cashier, City Collections, Police False Alarms, Special Assessments and Utility Account Services (water, wastewater, reclaimed water, sanitation and stormwater management).
COVID-19 Assistance Programs
Utility customers having trouble paying their bills due to COVID-19 may be eligible for the below assistance programs.
Mortgage & Utility Assistance: Provides grants to eligible homeowners who have fallen past due with mortgage and utility payments and/or are in jeopardy of future payment delinquency due to lost or diminished income
Rental & Utility Assistance: The City has partnered with local non-profit organizations to provide short-term assistance for rent and utilities to residents whose incomes have been affected by COVID-19.
Additional programs and resources can be found at RestartStPete.com .
- Utility Billing - Access our online site or to obtain additional information.
- Business Tax License - The City of St Petersburg collects business tax for all businesses located in the city limits.
- Parking Enforcement and Ticket Collections - The City of St Petersburg has parking regulations in the downtown area that are actively enforced.
- Central Cashier - Central location for collecting revenues for the City.
- Public Vehicle Certificate - All public vehicles used for the transportation for hire of passengers where new fares begin within St. Pete city limits.
- Police False Alarms - If you have an alarm system for your home or your business it must be registered.
- Special Collections Office - This office is the central collection agency for the City of St. Petersburg. This division is responsible for assisting in the coordination and collection of accounts receivables on a city-wide basis which include city invoices, returned checks, and most past due accounts.
- Special Assessments - The City of St. Petersburg uses assessments and liens as a means for collecting for improvements and services provided.
Mission Statement: To provide every customer with a consistent, accurate response to every need in a prompt and timely manner, at all times serving with courtesy, honesty and fairness.