The Committee is responsible for the administration, operation, and investments of the 401(a) defined contribution plan and the 457 deferred compensation plan. The Pension Division assists the Committee by handling the day-to-day activities involved in administering the plan for employees and retirees. The Committee employs professionals such as investment consultants, attorneys and third party administrators to assist with their duties.
Function of Committee
- Administering the plan as adopted by City Council
- Investing and monitoring the assets of the pension fund
- Approving the disbursement of funds
- Acting on all benefit claims
- Adopting rules necessary for the operation of the plan
- Preparing all required reporting
The Pension Division assists the Board by handling the day-to-day activities involved in administering the plan for employees and pensioners. Two City Attorneys and professionals such as actuaries, investment consultants and investment managers assist the Board.
The Summary Plan Description, current actuarial valuation, and required compliance reports can be accessed here.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
The Committee meets quarterly in February, May, August and November. Meeting notices can be found on the City’s weekly meeting schedule published online. For questions, contact the Pension Division at (727) 893-7491.
Committee Members (No Term Expiration)
- Dr. Gary Cornwell - City Administrator
- Anne Fritz - Director - Finance
- Vicki A. Grant - Manager - Benefits