Development Partner Selection
The below four shortlisted firms best represented the criteria contained within the RFP, which represented years of community feedback, ideas, and input. The four firms have a proven track record of executing large, mixed-use developments and will have an opportunity to showcase their vision for the site in the months ahead.
- Midtown Development
- Portman Holdings, Third Lake Partners
- Sugar Hill Community Partners, JMA Ventures
- Unicorp National Development
There are currently three ways for residents to provide input regarding the proposals leading up to the final development partner being selected:
- Watch a recording of a public meeting. While the live Q&A dates have passed, residents can still submit their feedback in the comment form below.
– Recording of Meeting #1: Mon., April 5
– Recording of Meeting #2: Wed., April 7
– Recording of Meeting #3: Thurs., April 8
- Visit a showroom. As of April 21, there are eight immersive showrooms located throughout the city that are equipped with executive summaries of the proposals, an overview video, renderings, and the ability to leave your input.
– North Library: 861 70th Ave. N.
– Mirror Lake Library: 280 5th St. N.
– JW Cate Rec Center: 5801 22nd Ave. N.
– Enoch Davis Rec Center: 1111 18th Ave. S.
– Thomas Jet Jackson Rec Center: 1000 28th St. S.
– South Community Library: 2300 Roy Hanna Dr. S.
– Gladden Park Rec Center: 3901 30th Ave. N.
– Campbell Park Rec Center: 601 14th St. S.
- Submit a comment online. The below form is available for those who would like to submit their thoughts to the Economic Development team.
Submit Public Comment
Community feedback will be collected until the final ribbon is cut on the Tropicana Field redevelopment. Input collected during this shortlist period will be provided to Mayor Rick Kriseman to inform a final development partner selection later this year
Request a Speaker
Organizations, associations, and groups can submit a request for a member of the City's Economic Development team to present during a meeting using this online form.
Request a Speaker
Click image to view larger
Tropicana Field Conceptual Master Plan
The City of St. Petersburg and HKS Architects developed a two conceptual master plans for the redevelopment of the 86-acre Tropicana Field Site, one including a baseball stadium and one without, referred to as Scenario One and Scenario Two. The importance of this site to the future of St. Petersburg can't be over-emphasized. It is a once-in-a-generation chance to create new opportunities for growth, economic development, and an enhanced community!
Tropicana Plan Scenario 2
Tropicana Plan Scenario 1
Scenario 1 Outreach Findings
Guidance for Tropicana Field Site Redevelopment Concepts