Spanning 86 acres of publicly-owned land nestled in the middle of St. Pete, Florida, with one of the most vibrant and walkable downtowns in the nation, the Tropicana Field site represents a development opportunity unlike any other in the Southeast. The City of St. Petersburg has dedicated a minimum of $75 million for infrastructure development of the site with plans to partner with a development team to create a multi-use city center that reflects the diverse and rich culture of St. Petersburg and adheres to principals developed through community engagement, including Smart Cities, sustainability, and a healthy community.
In the last decade, St. Pete has experienced an exhilarating renaissance. Recognized as one of America's fastest-growing cites and named one of the top places to start and grow a business – St. Pete’s economic indicators strengthen each year. This development opportunity comes on the heels of the completion of the highly anticipated, world-class, $93 million St. Pete Pier project. The Tropicana Field site presents endless possibilities to take this city on the rise to the next level.
Five reasons the Tropicana Field Site in St. Pete, Florida is the Southeast’s largest and most unique development opportunity of the decade:
- 86 acres of publicly owned land in the middle of a bustling city, where economic indicators are booming
- Local city government dedicating $75 million for infrastructure development
- Located in the “Sunshine City”, Opportunity Zone and Tax Increment Financing District
- Strong workforce proposition through population growth and desire of millennials to locate here
- Proximate to St. Pete's higher education hub, the South’s largest marine science center and Florida’s largest financial services cluster
For more information, see St. Pete's economic development webpage.
Tropicana Field Conceptual Master Plan
The City of St. Petersburg and HKS Architects developed a two conceptual master plans for the redevelopment of the 86-acre Tropicana Field Site, one including a baseball stadium and one without, referred to as Scenario One and Scenario Two. The importance of this site to the future of St. Petersburg can't be over-emphasized. It is a once-in-a-generation chance to create new opportunities for growth, economic development, and an enhanced community!
Tropicana Plan Scenario 2
Tropicana Plan Scenario 1
Scenario 1 Outreach Findings
Guidance for Tropicana Field Site Redevelopment Concepts