Accessibility Information skip navigation

Resident Services

Tub Out Service

For residential trash collection, the Sanitation Department offers the 'Tub Out Service." To accommodate persons with disabilities who cannot maneuver these containers, the City offers a "Tub-Out Service" at no additional charge. A person must submit a certification form along with a doctor's certificate to be eligible for this service. Learn more about this service by calling 727-893-7309.

Barrier Free Loan & Grant Program

Offered through the Housing and Community Development Department, there are barrier free loans and grants for residents with physical, visual or hearing disabilities to accommodation their residence for their disability. Eligibility requirements and further information may be found by calling 727-893-7247.

Captioning of City Council Meetings

City Council Meetings are captioned to accommodate people with hearing impairments. To find out more about the City Council meetings, call 727-893-7117 or visit

Emergency Prepareness

Evacuation assistance program is offered to help local residents with special needs. You MUST register before services are needed. To get an application and learn more about the program, call 727-551-3822 or visit our Hurricane page

Therapeutic Recreation 

The City of St. Petersburg Leisure Services has a team of staff members dedicated to Therapeutic Recreation. This department focuses on recreational activities for persons with physical, sensory and intellectual disabilities. To learn more about the latest activities and resources available, call 727-893-7899 or visit

Accessibility Complaints 

We strive to be as accessible and to accommodate our residents and visitors with disabilities. To report an accessibility issue or file a complaint, please do so through the Mayor's Action Line by calling 727-893-7111 or visit the Action Center.

Print page Text resize: Increase font size Decrease font size Original font size Updated: