Citizen Advisory Committee
Citizen Advisory Committee
All South St. Pete business owners and/or property owners, residents, and stakeholders are encouraged to apply and get involved in the South St. Pete CRA's Citizen Advisory Committee.
What is the Citizen Advisory Committee?
The Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC), created by an interlocal agreement between St. Petersburg City Council and the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners, is the City’s first redevelopment advisory committee and is comprised of nine members of whom six are appointed by the Mayor and three appointed by the County Commission.
What does the CAC do?
The CAC advises the St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Agency on the South St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Plan and any amendments thereto as well as other issues and policies pertaining to the CRA.
For more information about the South St. Pete CRA including location and current programs, visit stpete.org/cra.
What are the responsibilities of a CAC member?
The CAC typically meets the first Tuesday of each month at 5:00 p.m. in Room 100 of City Hall, located at 175 5th Street North. Check this CAC webpage for cancellations/rescheduled meetings.
New members are eligible to serve two full three-year terms.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Attend special meetings when called
- Maintain an attendance record of 75 percent or better within any consecutive twelve- month period or be at risk of potential removal from the CAC. *Absences can be excused for “good cause"
*illness, illness or death of an immediate family member, or due to business or vacation that requires the member to be out of the City on the day of the meeting
How do I apply?
Fill out the digital application and upload a cover letter and resume.
The City will be accepting applications and resumes until March 1, 2022 at 5 p.m. and hopes to have appointments confirmed by City Council by shortly thereafter.
Applications for this position will be valid for one year to allow the City to respond quickly to openings on the CAC that may occur during the year.
- Dr. Keesha Benson – Vice-Chairperson – Term Expires: January 31, 2025, First Full Term (City Appointment)
- Kelly Kirschner – Regular Member – Term Expires: January 31, 2025, First Full Term (City Appointment)
- Dr. Ricardo Davis – Chairperson – Term Expires: January 31, 2023, Last Term (City Appointment)
- Esther Matthews – Regular Member – Term Expires: January 31, 2023, Partial First Term (City Appointment)
- Erin McFarley – Regular Member – Term Expires: January 31, 2024, First Term (County Appointment)
- Steven Morrison – Regular Member – Term Expires: January 31, 2024, First Term (County Appointment)
- Tara Centeno – Regular Member – Term Expires: January 31, 2024, First Term (County Appointment)
- Two Vacancies