working for workers
The Labor Relations Division negotiates and administers collective bargaining agreements between the City of St. Petersburg and its four separate employee bargaining units. These agreements include:
- Police Benevolent Association (PBA), Officers and Technicians Unit
Effective 8/17/2010, Sergeants and Lieutenants are represented by the PBA. When available, contracts will be posted.
- St. Petersburg Association of Firefighters IAFF-SPAFF — Firefighter, FF/Paramedic, and Fire Lieutenant Unit
- St. Petersburg Association of Firefighters IAFF-SPAFF — Fire Captain and Fire District Chiefs Unit
- Florida Public Services Union (FPSU) / SEIU
This division also oversees and administers the provisions of the City's Rules and Regulations of the Personnel Management System, including the Code of Conduct and progressive discipline provisions and grievance procedures.
City Rules and Regulations
(revised January 2019)
In connection with these duties, the Labor Relations staff provides City employees and managers with advice and counsel regarding the terms of the labor agreements; employment legislation and rulings, progressive discipline, and the grievance rights and procedures contained in the labor contracts; and the Personnel Management System Rules and Regulations. This includes administrative support for the City's Civil Service Board.
This Board is a quasi-judicial review Board of eight citizens appointed by the St. Petersburg City Council to hear and decide if management had just cause in cases involving termination of City employment, disciplinary suspensions of more than 80 hours, or disciplinary demotions when such actions are timely appealed to the Board.
- Florida Public Services Union (FPSU) – SEIU
- Florida Public Services Union (Professional Unit)
- PBA Supervisor Agreement (Sergeants and Lieutenants)
- PBA Agreement (Rank and File)
- St. Petersburg Association of Firefighters, Local 747 IAFF Contract (Rank and File)
- St. Petersburg Association of Firefighters, Local 747 IAFF Supervisory Contract