Sandbags Available in Preparation for Hurricane Dorian
The City of St. Petersburg will be distributing sandbags starting Friday, Aug. 30 in preparation for Hurricane Dorian.
- Friday, Aug. 30: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 31: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 1: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., weather permitting
Residents of St. Pete can pick up sandbags at 3 locations in the city:
- Northeast Park, 875 62nd Avenue NE. (located at the Cardinal Drive entrance to Mangrove Bay Golf Course)
- James “JC” Turner Fields, 643 22nd Avenue S. (located on the south side of Bartlett Park) sandbags will be distributed in the parking lot of the fields
- Northwest Pool, 2331 60th Street N., sandbags will be distributed in the pool parking lot
For quick service, residents are asked to follow the traffic patterns and remain in their vehicle so City staff can load sandbags into the trunk or truck bed. Here’s a tip: make sure your trunk or truck bed is empty before stopping by. Sandbags are limited to 10 bags per household.
Find more information on sandbags at http://www.stpete.org/emergency/sand_bags.php.
Visit stpeteprepares.com for more hurricane preparedness information.