City of St. Petersburg to Resume Events and Reopen Facilities Oct. 5
The time has come to Restart St. Pete by resuming a vital part of St. Pete’s character – events and public facilities. Starting Monday, Oct. 5, 2020, the City will accept requests for events on City property and start to reopen City facilities.
Event organizers of third-party, co-sponsored and private events will be required to comply with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
Starting Oct. 5, 2020, recreation center room rentals will become available and gymnasiums and fitness centers will resume operations.
Each center will have their own unique opening plan and COVID-19 mitigation procedures. Contact your local center for guidelines.
Fee classes and programming will resume at a later date. Visit StPeteParksRec.org for updates.
Starting, Oct. 5, 2020, St. Pete Libraries will reopen with limited hours. Services offered and hours will differ among library locations. Visit splibraries.org for details.
The following services will be offered:
- 45-minute browsing and check-out at all locations except West St. Petersburg Community Library
- 45-minute self-mediated computer time at all locations except West St. Petersburg Community Library
- Curbside pick-up with online scheduling through splibraries.org at Main, Mirror Lake and West St. Petersburg Community Libraries
- Main Library visitors will use the rear (North) entrance while curbside pickup continues at the front (South) entrance
- Onsite holds pickup at all libraries
- Book returns at all locations except Childs Park Community Library
- Online customer assistance, library cards and more by emailing email@example.com or using AskALibrarian at bit.ly/368vL3O to chat with or email a librarian
- Virtual programming
On-site programming, meeting rooms and children’s play areas will resume at a later date.
Visit splibraries.org for updates.
St. Petersburg Municipal Golf Courses continue to be open to the public. Visit GolfStPete.com for more information.
Starting Monday, Oct. 5, all other public-facing City facilities will return to normal operating hours.
Updates, resources, and assistance can be found at RestartStPete.com.