The City of St. Petersburg Announces Tropicana Field Development Partner Shortlist
The four respondents on the shortlist are:
- JMA Ventures/Sugar Hill Community Partners
- Midtown Development
- Portman-Third Lake
- Unicorp National Development
The four shortlisted firms best represented the criteria contained within the RFP, which represented years of community feedback, ideas, and input. The four firms have a proven track record of executing large, mixed-use developments and will have an opportunity to showcase their vision for the site in the months ahead.
Said Mayor Rick Kriseman: “We received many quality submissions to redevelop the Tropicana Field site, and I am thankful for the time, money, and energy that each team expended. Four submissions clearly stood out as truly exceptional and I am excited for our residents to learn more about each one. The future of that site, with or without baseball, has never been brighter. As I’ve said time and again, this is our chance to get it right, and to right wrongs. I encourage everyone to remain engaged in this process as we move forward.”
There are three ways for residents to provide input regarding the proposals leading up to the final development partner being selected:
- Attend a public meeting. There will be a virtual meeting and two in-person meetings. Social distancing guidelines will be in place and masks will be required for in-person meetings. Meeting dates are as follows, details to come:
- Virtual Meeting: April 5, 2021
- In-person Meeting #1: April 7, 2021
- In-person Meeting #2: April 8, 2021
- Visit a showroom. There will be immersive showrooms located throughout the city that are equipped with executive summaries of the proposals, renderings, and the ability to leave your input. Details to come.
- Leave a comment online at stpete.org/trop
Community feedback will be collected until the final ribbon is cut on the Tropicana Field redevelopment. Input collected during this shortlist period will be provided to Mayor Rick Kriseman to inform a final development partner selection later this year.
For public meeting dates and project updates, visit stpete.org/trop.