Six Ways to Participate in Water Conservation Month this April
April is Water Conservation Month. St. Pete residents and businesses are encouraged to participate in water-saving practices this month and year-round, with help from the City of St. Petersburg.
Six Ways to Participate in Water Conservation Month:
- Attend a free workshop. The City is hosting free virtual workshops during Water Conservation Month and beyond for topics such as Florida landscaping, collecting and irrigating with rainwater, drought tolerant plants and more. Find details at stpete.org/WaterPrograms.
- Participate in a water-saving program:
- Sensible Sprinkling Program: Eligible St. Pete utility customers can receive a free sprinkler system evaluation, rain sensor installation and more.
- Rainwater Rebate Program: Eligible St. Pete stormwater customers can get rebates for installing rain barrels, rain totes and/or rain gardens. Eligibility requirements apply.
- Tampa Bay Water Wise Rebates: St. Pete residents and businesses may be eligible for rebate programs from Tampa Bay Water Wise. More at www.TampaBayWaterWise.org.
- Water Incentives Supporting Efficiency: TheSouthwestWater Management District offers rebates for eligible water-saving projects. More at www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/WISE.
- Follow the year-round irrigation watering restrictions for potable (drinking), private well and surface water sources by watering only 5 to 9 a.m. or 7 to 11 p.m. on these days:
- Even addresses: Tuesdays & Saturdays
- Odd addresses: Wednesdays & Sundays
- Practice everyday water-saving tips, found at stpete.org/WaterConservation
- Calculate your household water use at swfwmd.state.fl.us/conservation/water-use-calculator.
- Subscribe to the Water Wise eSplash e-newsletter at stpete.org/enewsletters for water-saving tips, resources and programs all year long.
Conserving water goes beyond Water Conservation Month. The City of St. Petersburg offers programs, rebates, resources, workshops and everyday water-saving tips all year long at stpete.org/WaterConservation.