St. Pete Pier™ Continues Progress With City Council Approvals
ST. PETERSBURG, FL (April 19, 2018) –
The new St. Pete Pier™ moved one step closer to reality on Thursday, April 19, with several important votes from St. Petersburg City Council, including:
- Approving a resolution accepting the guaranteed maximum price (GMP) proposal in the amount of $15,030,610 submitted by Skanska USA Building, Inc.
- Approving the lease agreement for DF St. Pete, LLC d/b/a Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, which will be the new restaurant at the south end of the Pier Approach.
- Approving an agreement between the City and Earthscape Play Inc. to design, fabricate and oversee the installation of children’s playground equipment.
- Approving a resolution recognizing a donation of $250,000 from the American Academy of Dermatology for a sun shade structure in the Spa Beach area.
- Approving an agreement between the City and Sports and Properties, Inc. to provide consulting services related to naming rights for elements within the new Pier.
Said Mayor Rick Kriseman: “I am thrilled to officially welcome the Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille to our St. Pete Pier and the ownership group to our St. Pete family. This is exciting. My thanks to city council for their diligence and for voting to continue the progress at the pier.”
Additional information about the St. Pete Pier™ is available on the Pier website at: http://www.newstpetepier.com