CareFest Returns for Six Weeks of Giving Back to the Community
CareFest is back! The yearly celebration of volunteering and giving back to the community in St. Pete has returned for Fall 2021.
Neighborhood and community-based groups, houses of worship, corporate teams, school clubs, businesses, fraternities, sororities and individuals are invited to participate in local projects Saturday, Sept. 11 through Sunday, Oct. 17.
As a City of Compassion, St. Pete knows that once our own needs are met, we must look to the needs of others. CareFest allows community members to make a direct positive impact by helping their neighbors who live, work and play in St. Pete.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
- Adopt a Project: Visit carefestusa.com to adopt a local project or submit a project.
- Organize a Neighborhood Cleanup: Neighborhood leaders can contact the Community Services Department at Robert.Barto@stpete.org or 727-551-3249 for more information and to schedule. Up to two neighborhood cleanups may be scheduled in the city per weekend.
- Host a Donation Drive: Collect items to donate to local nonprofit organizations. Contact the Community Services Department at ICAN@stpete.org or 727-551-3249 for more information.
- Donate Funds: Make a donation at a Power of Change Donation Station to support homeless services. Donate to the Utility Assistance Program through a one-time or recurring donation for any amount through your City of St. Petersburg utility bill; more information and registration at stpete.org/UtilityAssistance.
- More: Contact the Community Services Department at ICAN@stpete.org or 727-551-3249 for a list of project ideas, partners, local organizations and ways to help.
Community members are encouraged to help the City of St. Petersburg track their impact by emailing ICAN@stpete.org to report how they helped the community during CareFest.
More information can be found at stpete.org/CareFest.
Any questions, contact Susie Ajoc at Susan.Ajoc@stpete.org or 727-893-7356.