Summer Reading at the St. Petersburg Library System Now Virtual
St. Petersburg, FL (June 2020) - Summer Reading at the St. Petersburg Library System has gone virtual this year. Students and their parents are invited to access free Summer Reading programming at splibraries.libguides.com/summerreading2020 .
Patrons will be able to:
- Enter the Mayor's Reading Challenge
- Participate in Reading with the Rays
- Register and watch virtual performances from a variety of programs and special performers
- View content from the S.P.A.R.K. Team
How to register for programs and performances:
- Select an event in the Library Events Calendar
- Register to receive a password and click on the link provided in the email or click on the K-5 or Early Literacy tiles from the Special Programs and Performances: For Early Literacy and Grades K-5 page
- Enter the password to enjoy the free programs and performances
Although Summer Reading will be virtual this year, Summer BreakSpots, which provide free nutritionally balanced meals for children 18 years and younger during the summer break, will still be happening. The free meals will be served Monday-Friday, June 1-August 7 at the Barack Obama Main Community Library, the James W. Johnson Community Library and the South Community Library, among other locations across the city.
The City continues to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines during the ongoing public health situation; therefore, this year’s meals will be served as grab and go meals in an effort to keep staff and patrons safe. It is recommended that meals be taken off-site to be consumed.
Visit splibraries.org or call the library for serving times. Find other participating locations at stpeteparksrec.org/summerfood.
For more information, visit splibraries.org or call 727-892-5296.