Shore Acres Rec Center Ribbon Cutting & Open House
Shore Acres Recreation Center Ribbon Cutting, Open House Event
St. Petersburg, FL (June 17, 2022) – The City of St. Petersburg’s Shore Acres Recreation Center will host a ribbon cutting and an open house event on Saturday, July 9, at 10 a.m.
The Shore Acres Recreation Center, located at 4230 Shore Acres Blvd. NE., closed in August 2020 and has been completely rebuilt. The brand new 21,064-square foot, two-story facility will be able to serve more residents in the Shore Acres community and throughout St. Pete.
“We’re excited for the revitalization of the Shore Acres Campus that is home to the recreation center, aquatic facility and greenspace, which will bring more intergenerational recreational and educational opportunities not just to the neighborhood but to the St. Pete community,” said Mike Jefferis, Leisure Services Administrator with the City of St. Petersburg. “These incredible opportunities include additional youth activities, instructional classes for all ages, an indoor gymnasium and rental space, to name just a few.”
The brand-new facility will offer:
- A 6-lane swimming pool
- An indoor gymnasium with leagues and “open gym” hours for basketball, volleyball, pickleball and more
- Programming for youth and adults, including yoga, Tae Kwon Do, dog obedience, sewing, youth seasonal camps and before- and after-school childcare
- A teen room with a projector for movies, rec games (ping pong and pool tables), video games, arcade games and a tutoring room
- A Discovery Room for arts and crafts, two multipurpose rooms and a conference room for rent to the public
- An outdoor playground, multipurpose green space and basketball hoops
Recreation Center visitors will be greeted by a new interactive TIDAL installation by The Urban Conga. The installation was designed using data points from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to spark conversation about climate change and sea level rise.
More about the new Shore Acres Recreation Center and its offerings can be found at stpeteparksrec.org/shoreacresrec.