CareFest Returns for a Month of Giving Back to the Community
St. Petersburg, FL – CareFest, the yearly celebration of volunteering and giving back to the community in St. Pete, has returned for extended Fall dates.
Neighborhood and community-based groups, houses of worship, corporate teams, school clubs, businesses, fraternities, sororities and individuals are invited to participate in local weekend projects starting Thursday, September 1 through Monday, October 31.
As a City of Compassion, St. Pete knows that once our own needs are met, we must look to the needs of others. CareFest allows community members to make a direct positive impact by helping their neighbors who live, work and play in St. Pete.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
- Adopt a Project: Visit carefestusa.com to adopt a local project or submit a project.
- Organize a Neighborhood Cleanup: Neighborhood leaders can contact the Community Services Department at Ivan.Fountain@stpete.org or 727-892-5141 for more information and to schedule. Up to two neighborhood cleanups may be scheduled in the city per weekend.
- Host a Donation Drive: Collect items to donate to local nonprofit organizations. Contact the Community Services Department at ICAN@stpete.org or 727-551-3249 for more information.
- Donate Funds: Make a donation at a Power of Change Donation Station to support homeless services. Donate to the Utility Assistance Program through a one-time or recurring donation for any amount through your City of St. Petersburg utility bill; more information and registration at stpete.org/UtilityAssistance.
- More: Contact the Community Services Department at ICAN@stpete.org or 727-551-3249 for a list of project ideas, partners, local organizations and ways to help.
Community members are encouraged to help the City of St. Petersburg track their impact by emailing ICAN@stpete.org to report how they helped the community during CareFest.
More information can be found at stpete.org/CareFest. Any questions, contact Susie Ajoc at Susan.Ajoc@stpete.org or 727-893-7356.