Arts & Culture Grants Program
ATTENTION: The Arts & Culture Grants have closed
Arts & Culture Grants 2023-2024
The arts are integral to the fabric of St. Pete. The City created the Arts and Culture Grant program to provide operating funds to eligible organizations that contribute to the vibrant cultural opportunities that serve the diverse citizens of the St. Pete community. In alignment with Mayor’s Pillars for Progress that focus on arts and culture, as well as education and youth opportunities, the Grant supports established organizations and foster new or emerging artistic expressions and intentional inclusivity throughout St. Pete.
Grant Process Overview
The online application period opened on April 3, 2023, and closed June 9, 2023 at 5 pm. See links below for instructions, schedule, and a scoring rubric. These grants fund eligible arts and culture organization activities completed between October 1, 2023 and September 30, 2024.
Please note: Applications are online only and currently closed.
- Be registered with the Florida Secretary of State as a non-profit organization
- Be a Tax Exempt 501(c)3 organization whose primary mission is arts or culture programming
- Be in existence and provide services to the residents of the City for at least one year
- Provide more than 50% of its programming and attendance within the City of St. Petersburg
- Have no outstanding debts to the City of St Petersburg;
- The organization must present arts/cultural programming, performances, or exhibitions primarily for the benefit of St. Petersburg residents and its visitors on an ongoing basis for at least a year prior; have at least one full paid staff member and operations in excess of $100,000 for the most recently completed fiscal year at the time of the application.
Arts Advisory Committee award and funding recommendations are subject to City Council approval. The specific amount of each award will be determined following the final budget allocation by City Council in September. The applications are available for three levels of organizations.
Level 1: Organizations with budgets of $149,999 or less are eligible to receive up to $7,500 or a maximum of 10% of the most completed fiscal year’s operating budget.
Level 2: Organizations with budgets of $150,000 to $499,999 are eligible to receive up to $15,000.
Level 3: Organizations with budgets of $500,000 or more are eligible to receive up to $22,000.
For support after review of the guidelines and instructional video, contact the Arts, Culture & Tourism Department at 727-892-5370 or send an email.
- Arts Grants FY2024 - Schedule
- Arts Grants FY2024 - Instructions/Guidelines
- Arts Grants FY2024 - Scoring Rubric
2022-2023 Grant Recipients
- Academy of Ballet Arts, Inc.
- Al Downing Jazz Association, Inc.
- American Stage Theatre Company
- Arts Center Association/Morean Arts Center
- ARTZ 4 Life Academy
- Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts
- Choral Masterworks Festival, Inc./Master Chorale of Tampa Bay
- Creative Clay, Inc.
- The Dali Museum
- Florida CraftArt
- Florida Holocaust Museum
- The Florida Orchestra
- freeFall Theatre
- Great Explorations Children’s Museum
- Gulf Coast Artists' Alliance
- Imagine Museum
- The James Museum of Western & Wildlife Art
- Keep St. Pete Lit
- Museum of the American Arts and Crafts Movement
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Poynter Institute/Write Field
- Preserve the ‘Burg
- St. Petersburg Arts Alliance
- St. Petersburg Clearwater Film Society
- St. Petersburg College Foundation/Palladium Theater
- St. Petersburg International Folk Fair Society
- St. Petersburg Museum of History
- St. Petersburg Opera Company
- The Studio@620
- Tampa Bay Symphony, Inc.
- Tampa International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival
- University of South Florida - Graphicstudio
- Warehouse Arts District Association, Inc.