HELP FOR HOMEOWNERS
Homeowner Assistance Fund
Provided by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, the Homeowner Assistance Fund helps alleviate financial hardships associated with the COVID-19 pandemic by providing financial assistance to Florida homeowners to prevent foreclosure and displacement. Aid may be used towards mortgage payments, property taxes and other fees, insurance, utilities, or internet payments.
- Applicant must own and occupy their primary residence
- Applicant must have experienced a financial hardship associated with the COVID-19 pandemic after, or that continued after Jan. 1, 2020
- Applicant must have household income less than or equal to 150% Area Median Income or 100% of the US Median Income, whichever is higher
How to ApplyRegister to determine eligibility at floridajobs.org/HAF. Once registered, eligible applicants will receive an email with next steps to complete the online application
Resources for Utility Assistance
Pinellas Opportunity Council
- South St. Pete: 727-822-4492
- North St. Pete: 727-894-5176
Pinellas County Urban League
Foreclosure moratoriums for federally-guaranteed mortgages and continuing applications for forbearance for federally-guaranteed mortgages have been extended indefinitely. Find more information on the HUD website.