Employee Rental Assistance Program
Assistance for City Employees
Eligible employees may qualify for up to $500 per month (which is taxable income) over a two-year period. Recent changes allow more employees to qualify. Be sure to read through, even if you were not previously eligible.
- Any full-time employees earning $60,900 or less
- Must be renting within the city limits of St. Pete
- Completed their probationary period or are within 30 days of the end date
- Must take personalized financial education classes. Recertification is required at 8 and 16 months.
How to Apply
- Log into Oracle and navigate to Employee Self Service
- Click Authorization & Forms
- Click Employee Rental Assistance Form
Be prepared to upload supporting documentation of income for other household members (except dependents under age 30 with no dependents; or in school; or unrelated household members such as roommates), and a valid signed rental agreement or lease (all pages).
Employees without a City email account will be required to provide a personal email address in the Personal Information section of Oracle Employee Self-Service to receive notifications regarding the application.
How Assistance is Determined
Assistance is determined by two factors:
- Documented total gross household income, limited to the maximum amounts shown in the below table by household size.
|Household Size||Maximum Income|
2. Calculated gap payment is the difference between the documented monthly rent payment less 30% of the applicant's total monthly household gross income.
$60,000 GROSS ANNUAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME
|Gross household Income x 30% / 12 months = $1,500|
|Monthly Rent = $1,700|
|Monthly Income = $1,500|
|Gap Payment = $200/month|
Rental Assistance for Non-Employees
For housing and renter resources for non-City employees, residents can visit rent.pinellas.gov.