Stormwater Utility Fee Credits
Reduce Stormwater Fees
The City of St. Petersburg offers two stormwater fee credits (reduction in stormwater fee) to non-single-family utility customers that minimize stormwater runoff or improve the quality of stormwater runoff through approved practices. Since the stormwater impervious surface area measurements have been updated as part of the stormwater rate study, existing credits will no longer be in effect. Properties that have previously taken advantage of stormwater credits will need to reapply for consideration. Customers can estimate their potential stormwater fee credit in the Stormwater Mitigation Credit Calculator.
Stormwater Management System Credit
Properties that operate and maintain onsite detention or retention stormwater management systems may receive a credit of up to 52% for reducing stormwater runoff impacts from the property to the City system.
Tidal Water Discharge Credit
Non-single-family properties that discharge stormwater runoff directly into Boca Ciega Bay or Tampa Bay may receive a credit of up to 52% for treating stormwater runoff to Outstanding Florida Waters criteria. Discharge to tidal waters cannot pass into or through City-maintained drainage systems.
Non-single-family utility customers may apply. Single-family utility customers that are part of a larger common development or subdivision that has a privately-maintained stormwater facility permitted by Southwest Florida Water Management District may collectively apply. Eligible applicants include:
- Commercial business properties
- Multi-family unit properties
- Industrial properties
- Government properties
- Condominiums/townhomes/traditional single-family home properties that all function off one metering system. Contact your homeowner or neighborhood association representative to collectively apply. Applications will not be accepted from an individual single-family property that is metered separately.
How To Apply
- Complete the Stormwater Utility Credit Application. The application will need to be signed and sealed by a Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Complete the Stormwater Mitigation Credit Calculator or calculations in compliance with City code signed and sealed by Professional Engineer.
- Submit completed application and documentation to the Engineering & Capital Improvements Department.
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: P.O. Box 2842, St. Petersburg, FL 33731
- The Engineering & Capital Improvements Department will review the application. A determination will be made within 30 days of receipt of a completed application and payment of any applicable fees. An awarded credit will be applied to the applicant's next regularly-generated bill after approval of the credit. If the application is denied, a letter explaining the reasons for denial will be provided to the applicant within 30 days of the application being submitted.
- Once a stormwater credit has been accepted, the Stormwater Utility Mitigation Inspection Checklist will need to be completed.