- Use the provided alley or curbside containers to dispose of normal household waste and kitchen trash.
- Place the 90-gallon automated container at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on collection day and remove it by 7:00 p.m. that evening.
- Place container within 2 feet of the curb, lid opening toward the street, handles toward residence and on the left side of driveway (if facing toward residence).
- Don't park vehicles in front of the container on collection day.
- Be sure to cool fireplace ashes completely before dumping in container.
- Keep the lid on container closed. Materials jutting out prevent the automated trucks from picking up the container properly.
- Remember what NOT to place in the automated container: large carpet pieces, furniture, appliances, building materials or tree limbs more than 3 inches in diameter or 4 feet in length.
- Do not put hazardous materials (i.e. lead acid batteries, pesticides, oil-based paint, household chemicals, etc.) in your trash container. For Pinellas County hazardous chemical and electronics drop-off information please call 727-464-7500.
View these Frequently Asked Questions About Alley Collection or contact the Sanitation Department at 727-893-7838.