Business Tax Certificate Receipts expire on September 30th of each year. Although the city normally mails renewal notices during July of each year, the tax is due on or before September 30th regardless of whether you have received a renewal notice or not. To avoid a late charge penalty, payment must be received by this office no later than September 30th.
- You must have your mailed renewal notice that provides the necessary numbers required for on-line payments.
- If there are any changes to the business name, type of work, ownership, phone number, mailing information or address, the renewal must be done by mail or in person.
Florida Statute 205.053(1) imposes a delinquent penalty for business taxes renewed after September 30 of each year, as follows:
- 10% penalty if renewed in October
- 15% penalty if renewed in November
- 20% penalty if renewed in December
- 25% penalty if renewed after December 31
If you have not received a renewal notice, but would like to renew, please call 727-893-7241 to obtain your ID and Pin numbers to complete your renewal online.
Renewal of Business Tax Certificate Receipt
If you have received a renewal notice, please mail the notice with your payment in the envelope provided or you may drop your payment into one of the two drop boxes located outside our building. (These boxes are labeled for utility payments). At: 325 Central Ave. or 1 Fourth St. N.
If you have changes such as a new address or you are the new owner of a business, an application must be completed. Download the appropriate application below or call 727-893-7241 and we will fax or mail the application.
Applications and Related Forms:
- Application - Commercial Locations
- Application - Commercial with Extended Hours Permit
- Application - Handy Person Type Service
- Application - Independent Contractor
- Application - Independent Contractor-Instructor
- Application - Home Occupation
- Application - Fortune Teller
- Application - Solicitor - Peddler - Mobile Vending - Canvasser
- Application - Private Instructor (Recreation Centers)
- Application - Apartment Rental Units (Less than Four)
- Application - Apartment Rental Units (Five Or More)
- Disabled Veteran Exemption Form
- Exempt By Statute, Exemption Form
- Exemption Form - 65+yrs / Handicapped / Legally Blind
- Merchant Affidavit Form
- Out of Business Affidavit Worksheet
- Out of Business and Re-opening Affidavit Worksheet
- Business Tax Calculator - Multi Employee Worksheet
- Business Information Sheet
- State Statute
Chapter 205 ( flsenate.gov/Statutes)
- BTX City Code
Municode Chapter 17
- Article IV - Local Business Taxes
- Ordinance - Nitrogen and/or Phosphorus Fertilizers