In an effort to continue our commitment to “Government in the Sunshine”, and to enhance transparency in financial reporting, the City of St. Petersburg is offering an interactive reporting tool that allows citizens to explore budget and other financial data online in various graphical formats selected by the user. OpenGov, a California-based company specializing in data accessibility, pioneered this online application.
Our Services and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the responsible planning and use of city resources.
- Provide on-going management and oversight of the use of city resources.
- Develop, monitor and analyze departmental and city-wide operating and CIP budgets.
- Oversee city-wide position control.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions.
- Monitor and report quarterly progress (budget vs. actual) and make projections.
- City-wide grants administration.
- Approve Budget Amendments and other City Council items.
- Perform research and generate reports.
- Provide departmental budget, grant and purchasing support.
FY2017 City Budget Timetable
- Tuesday, May 10 – City Council Committee of the Whole – FY17 Operating Budget – City Hall, Room 100, 175 Fifth St. N., 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 7 – FY17 City Budget Open House – Coliseum, 535 Fourth Ave. N., 6 p.m.
- Friday, July 1 – Pinellas County Property Appraiser certifies Preliminary Tax Roll
- Friday, July 15 – Mayor submits recommended FY17 Budget to City Council
- Thursday, July 21 – City Council adopts tentative millage rate; sets September FY17 Budget Public Hearing times
- Thursday, September 8 – First FY17 Budget Public Hearing – City Hall, Council Chamber, 175 Fifth St. N., Time TBD
- Thursday, September 22 – Second FY17 Budget Public Hearing – City Hall, Council Chamber, 175 Fifth St. N., Time TBD
- October 1, 2016 – FY17 Budget Begins