Services and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the responsible planning and use of city resources.
- Provide on-going management and oversight of the use of city resources.
- Develop, monitor and analyze departmental and city-wide operating and CIP budgets.
- Oversee city-wide position control.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions.
- Monitor and report quarterly progress (budget vs. actual) and make projections.
- City-wide grants administration.
- Approve Budget Amendments and other City Council items.
- Perform research and generate reports.
- Provide departmental budget, grant and purchasing support.
In an effort to continue our commitment to “Government in the Sunshine”, and to enhance transparency in financial reporting, the City of St. Petersburg is offering an interactive reporting tool that allows citizens to explore budget and other financial data online in various graphical formats selected by the user. OpenGov, a California-based company specializing in data accessibility, pioneered this online application.
Fiscal Year 2020 Budget Open House
Monday, May 20, 2019 at 6 p.m.
St. Petersburg Main Library
3745 9th Ave. North
Fiscal Year 2020 City Budget Timetable
- December 2018 - Budget Department develops FY20 budget
- January 2019 - Capital Improvement Budget Kickoff meeting
- February 2019 - Operating Budget Kickoff meeting and CIP Budget Line Item Review Meetings
- March 2019 - Line-Item Review meetings for all departments with Deputy Mayor, City Administrator, and budget staff
- April 25 - FY20 Capital Improvement Program Committee of the Whole Workshop
- May 7 - FY20 Operating Budget Committee of the Whole Workshop
- May 20, 2019, 6 p.m. - FY20 Budget Open House - location to be determined.
- July 1 – Pinellas County Property Appraiser certifies Preliminary Tax Roll
- July 15 – Mayor submits recommended FY20 Budget to City Council
- July 18 – City Council adopts tentative millage rate; sets September FY20 Budget Public Hearing times
- September 5 - First FY20 Budget Public Hearing – Sunshine Center, 330 5th St N, 6 p.m.
- September 19 - Second FY20 Budget Public Hearing - Sunshine Center, 330 5th St N, 6 p.m.
- October 1, 2019 – FY20 Budget Begins