In an effort to continue our commitment to “Government in the Sunshine”, and to enhance transparency in financial reporting, the City of St. Petersburg is offering an interactive reporting tool that allows citizens to explore budget and other financial data online in various graphical formats selected by the user. OpenGov, a California-based company specializing in data accessibility, pioneered this online application.
Our Services and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the responsible planning and use of city resources.
- Provide on-going management and oversight of the use of city resources.
- Develop, monitor and analyze departmental and city-wide operating and CIP budgets.
- Oversee city-wide position control.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions.
- Monitor and report quarterly progress (budget vs. actual) and make projections.
- City-wide grants administration.
- Approve Budget Amendments and other City Council items.
- Perform research and generate reports.
- Provide departmental budget, grant and purchasing support.
Participate in the FY2018 Budget Survey
Between June 1-30, citizens were encouraged to share their thoughts online with a one-question online survey, with responses posted. View the responses.
Hear what other citizens think about funding next year's budget during rebroadcasts of the City Budget Open House on StPeteTV, Spectrum Channel 641, WOW! Channel 15, and Frontier Channel 20. Or watch it on the city's YouTube channel. Information about the budget is also available online.
FY2018 City Budget Timetable
- Thursday, April 27 – City Council Committee of the Whole Workshop FY18 CIP Budget – City Hall, Room 100, 175 Fifth St. N.
- Tuesday, May 9 – City Council Committee of the Whole – CIP Budget Committee of the Whole Workshop FY18 Operating Budget – City Hall, Room 100, 175 Fifth St. N., 9 a.m.
- Monday, June 19 – FY18 City Budget Open House – Coliseum, 535 Fourth Ave. N., 6 p.m.
- June 30 – Pinellas County Property Appraiser certifies Preliminary Tax Roll
- July 14 – Mayor submits recommended FY17 Budget to City Council
- Thursday, July 20 – City Council adopts tentative millage rate; sets September FY18 Budget Public Hearing times
- Thursday, September 7 – First FY18 Budget Public Hearing – City Hall, Council Chamber, 175 Fifth St. N., time TBA
- Thursday, September 21 – Second FY18 Budget Public Hearing – City Hall, Council Chamber, 175 Fifth St. N., Time TBA
- October 1, 2017 – FY18 Budget Begins