In an effort to continue our commitment to “Government in the Sunshine”, and to enhance transparency in financial reporting, the City of St. Petersburg is offering an interactive reporting tool that allows citizens to explore budget and other financial data online in various graphical formats selected by the user. OpenGov, a California-based company specializing in data accessibility, pioneered this online application.
Our Services and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the responsible planning and use of city resources.
- Provide on-going management and oversight of the use of city resources.
- Develop, monitor and analyze departmental and city-wide operating and CIP budgets.
- Oversee city-wide position control.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions.
- Monitor and report quarterly progress (budget vs. actual) and make projections.
- City-wide grants administration.
- Approve Budget Amendments and other City Council items.
- Perform research and generate reports.
- Provide departmental budget, grant and purchasing support.
Participate in the ConversationCity leaders are interested in your opinions regarding the FY17 City Budget. Share your thoughts by logging in and participating in the conversation at www.stpeteinnovision.com. The FY17 City Budget Open House will be rebroadcast throughout the summer on StPeteTV Bright House Channel 641, WOW! Channel 15 and Verizon Fi0s Channel 20 before the budget is considered for adoption during two public hearings September 8 and 22.
FY2017 City Budget Timetable
- Tuesday, May 10 – City Council Committee of the Whole – FY17 Operating Budget – City Hall, Room 100, 175 Fifth St. N., 9 a.m.
- *Rescheduled due to weather* - Tuesday, June 14 – FY17 City Budget Open House – Coliseum, 535 Fourth Ave. N., 6 p.m.
- Friday, July 1 – Pinellas County Property Appraiser certifies Preliminary Tax Roll
- Friday, July 15 – Mayor submits recommended FY17 Budget to City Council
- Thursday, July 21 – City Council adopts tentative millage rate; sets September FY17 Budget Public Hearing times
- Thursday, September 8 – First FY17 Budget Public Hearing – City Hall, Council Chamber, 175 Fifth St. N., approximately 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 22 – Second FY17 Budget Public Hearing – City Hall, Council Chamber, 175 Fifth St. N., 6:30 p.m.
- October 1, 2016 – FY17 Budget Begins