In an effort to continue our commitment to “Government in the Sunshine”, and to enhance transparency in financial reporting, the City of St. Petersburg is offering an interactive reporting tool that allows citizens to explore budget and other financial data online in various graphical formats selected by the user. OpenGov, a California-based company specializing in data accessibility, pioneered this online application.
Our Services and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the responsible planning and use of city resources.
- Provide on-going management and oversight of the use of city resources.
- Develop, monitor and analyze departmental and city-wide operating and CIP budgets.
- Oversee city-wide position control.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions.
- Monitor and report quarterly progress (budget vs. actual) and make projections.
- City-wide grants administration.
- Approve Budget Amendments and other City Council items.
- Perform research and generate reports.
- Provide departmental budget, grant and purchasing support.
FY2019 Budget Open House and Citizen Survey
The FY2019 Budget Open House was held Monday, May 14, 2018, at 6 p.m. at the Coliseum, 535 Fourth Ave. N. View the video.
As a way to engage participation in the budget process, citizens were invited to share how they would fund a mock city budget by allocating $1 over six funding categories, including:
- Public Safety
- Public Works
- Leisure Services
- City Development
- Neighborhood Affairs
- General Government
FY2019 City Budget Timetable
- December 2017 - Budget Department develops Fiscal Year 2019 budget
- January 2018 - Capital Improvement Budget Kickoff meeting
- February 2018 - Operating Budget Kickoff meeting
- March 2018 - Line-Item Review meetings for all departments with Deputy Mayor, City Administrator, and budget staff
- April 13 - FY19 Capital Improvement Program Budget
- April 26 - FY 19 Operating Budget
- April 26 - FY19 Capital Improvement Program Committee of the Whole Workshop
- May 8 - FY19 Operating Budget Committee of the Whole Workshop
- May 14, 2018, 6 p.m. - FY19 Budget Open House - Coliseum, 535 Fourth Ave. N. View the video.
- June 29 – Pinellas County Property Appraiser certifies Preliminary Tax Roll
- July 13 – Mayor submits recommended FY19 Budget to City Council
- *July 19 – City Council adopts tentative millage rate; sets September FY19 Budget Public Hearing times
- September 6 - First FY19 Budget Public Hearing – City Hall, Council Chamber, 175 Fifth St. N., 6:30 p.m.
- September 20 - Second FY19 Budget Public Hearing - City Hall, Council Chamber, 175 Fifth St. N., 6:30 p.m.
- October 1, 2018 – FY19 Budget Begins