St. Petersburg is making sandbags available to residents beginning Sunday, August 30, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., until supplies are exhausted.Read More
Reducing blight and improving livability
The Codes Compliance Assistance Department (CCAD) maintains the quality and extends the life of existing housing, to stabilize neighborhoods and to protect the community. We do this by educating property owners and enforcing the city codes, including zoning issues, housing, vegetation and maintenance standards. We support neighborhoods, associations and city teams to address community priorities by:
- Addressing unsafe structures through condemnation or securing
- Encouraging voluntary compliance with minimum property maintenance codes
- Referring residents in need to volunteer help and loan programs
- Supporting City Council to craft and administer ordinances which address community concerns
- Addressing blight issues such as overgrown vegetation, junk and rubbish in right-of-ways, inoperative motor vehicles and illegal dumping
- Discouraging unsafe maintenance and parking practices that may otherwise lead to criminal activity or vehicle accidents
- Providing inspections for tenants to insure minimum standards for rental units
Become a Community Partner
To keep St. Petersburg a great place to live, learn, work and play, here's what you can do:
- Report violations in your neighborhood.
- Visit the Mayor's Action Center using SeeClickFix St. Pete to report code violations through the City's web site, or telephone the Codes Compliance Assistance office at 727-893-7373 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Have a voice in the solutions - attend your neighborhood association meetings.