- Construction Services Forms
- View Property Cards
- View Elevation Certificates
- Electronic Plan Review How-To Guides
Customer Service Survey
- Permitting Resources
- Building Guides & Info
- Permitting Fees
- Flood Hazard Information
- Food Facility Permits
- Florida Energy Conservation Code States:
Effective July 1st 2017; New Construction on residential buildings or dwelling units shall have Blower Door Testing performed by an Approved 3rd Party Agency.
In an effort to improve the service experience we offer, Construction Services and Permitting Office has launched a new digital queue technology "QLess". View real-time wait times in our office! Read more about the QLess technology or check our office wait times
In an effort to increase our Plan Review service scope, we now offer an email or fax alert which allows comments in real time as each agency completes the review. Please note these emails will be in addition to the complete summary you will receive when all reviews have been completed. Click here to sign up for email or fax notifications for the most recent plan review comments.
- www.stpete.org/developmentprojects is now live! An interactive map displays active large development projects located in St. Petersburg. View a particular project for more information! Subscribe to a project and receive notifications on the latest news.
- Effective January 2019, the City is offering a 10-day expedited plan review for qualifying Affordable/Workforce Housing projects. Please complete the Affordable-Workforce Housing Expedited Permit Process Application to determine if your project qualifies. For questions, please contact Joshua Johnson at Joshua.Johnson@stpete.org.
The primary mission of the Building Department is to provide quality service to the community that is informational, efficient, comprehensive and helpful to the public. The intention is to safeguard life, health, property and public welfare by regulating and controlling the construction, quality of materials, and use of all buildings and structures within the City of St. Petersburg. The department is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the most recent edition of the Florida Building codes, Florida Accessibility Codes, Flood Plain Administration and related Federal, State, and City adopted laws and ordinances.
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday
Last customer taken 1/2 hour prior to closing.
Commercial over-the-counter plan review:
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Tues & Thurs
Allow extra time for plan reviews.