E-Mail Council Member Kennedy
Terms of Office:
Appointed to Council vacancy in October 2007; elected in 2009; re-elected in 2013; term expires January 2, 2018. Past Chair of City Council.
- Budget, Finance and Taxation Committee, Chair
- Community Development Block Grant Committee
- Co-sponsored Events Committee – Alternate
- Investment Oversight Committee, Chair
- Legislative Affairs & Intergovernmental Relations Committee
- Metropolitan Planning Organization/Pinellas Planning Council, Chair
- MPO Action Committee
- MPO Intelligent Transportation Systems Committee
- MPO Tampa Bay Transportation Management Area Leadership
- Public Services and Infrastructure Committee
- Tampa Bay Transit Management Area
- Transportation Mobility Management Advisory Committee
Attorney and Counselor at Law, sole practitioner of James R. Kennedy, Jr. Law Office, specializing in civil litigation, including family law and personal injury, along with estate planning, wills, trusts and probate. Downtown St. Petersburg business owner since 1982.
Former president and treasurer, CASA (Community Action Stops Abuse). Also former chair for CASA Transitional Housing and Fund Development committees. Volunteer attorney, Community Law group. Chamber of Commerce, Baseball and Education committees and Leadership St. Pete, Class of 1991. Education committee chair, Community Alliance. Speakers Bureau chair and Family Law committee chair, St. Petersburg Bar Association. Former president and treasurer, Cinnamon Lake Condominium Association.
Education & Awards:
B.A. in Political Science and Economics from Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ.
Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Fla.
CASA Victory Over Violence award (2000).
Pro Bono Family Law Award in Memory of Christina M. Ippolito, Esq. (2006).
He and his wife Norma have two daughters, Sara and Megan, and one grandson, Ryder. Jim has been a District 2 resident since 1983.
District 2 Precincts: