E-Mail Council Member Rice
Terms of Office:
Elected in November 2013; term expires January 2, 2018.
- Budget, Finance & Taxation Committee
- Energy, Natural Resources & Sustainability Committee, Chair
- Housing Services Committee, Vice Chair
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority Board, Chair
- PSTA Executive and Personnel Committee
- PSTA Planning Committee
- Tampa Bay Regional Transportation Authority
- Forward Pinellas
More than a decade of experience in working for national, state, and local organizations in communications and issue-based advocacy campaigns for the public interest. Those issues include promoting access to affordable, quality healthcare; taking the bias out of medicine; defending voting rights by fighting unfair voter suppression laws; protecting clean water; and promoting clean energy.
President of the St. Pete League of Women Voters of St. Pete for the last three years.
Served on the St. Pete Charter Review Commission and as chair of the Waterfront Subcommittee.
Co-Founder of the Pinellas Living Green Expo and past Florida Director of Gulf Restoration Network.
- St. Petersburg Museum of History, Board of Directors
- FL CHAIN, Florida Community Health Action and Information Network, Board of Directors
- Sponsor, St. Pete Preservation Movies in the Park
- Member, St. Pete Chamber of Commerce
- Member, League of Women Voters
Education and Awards:
Eckerd College, bachelor's degree in American Studies, graduated with Distinction.
Earned awards for collegiality and academic achievement offered by faculty and peers.
Acknowledged with an Outstanding Alumni Award in 2008.
St. Petersburg resident nearly 20 years. Homeowner since 1998. A love of Florida and a respect for public service runs deep in Darden's family.
District 4 Precincts: