The City's Planning and Development Services Department has transitioned all services to electronic and virtual formats in an effort to reduce person-to-person interactions.
For more information: stpete.org/emergency.
The City Planning and Development team will strive to provide the same level of service to our customers through email, phone and virtual options.
All meetings will be handled as conference calls. All plans must be submitted utilizing electronic applications, and all “while you wait” services will be suspended. Please review the PDS Covid-19 Emergency Operation Procedures for details.
Planning and zoning activities are led by two teams under the umbrella of the Planning and Development Services Department
The Urban Planning & Historic Preservation team is responsible for long range planning, historic preservation, and other functions including:
- Administration of the Comprehensive Plan & amendments to the Land Development Regulations
- Administration of the Future Land Use Map and Zoning Map
- Administration of the St. Petersburg Register of Historic Places, including Designation of individual landmarks and districts, Certificate of Appropriateness & Certificate to Dig
- Administration of Ad Valorem Tax Exemptions for Historic Properties
- Coordination of National Register of Historic Places & Florida Master Site File forms
- Administration of the Community Planning and Preservation Commission
The Development Review Services team handles day-to-day zoning functions including:
- Fielding zoning questions and processing Zoning Letters
- Review of commercial and residential development plans
- Processing zoning applications and administration of the Development Review Commission for variances, vacations, plats, redevelopments, site plans & special exception applications
- Processing and evaluating Tree Removal and Zoning Permits including Signs, Alcohol, Sidewalk Cafes, Mobile Food Trucks, Pushcarts, Doggie Dining, and Docks
Contact us at: DevRev@stpete.org