The City of St. Petersburg Residential Services include Water*, Reclaimed Water, Trash Collection, Recycling Collection, Sewer, and Stormwater.
*St. Petersburg's water is purchased from Tampa Bay Water and delivered to the city's Cosme Water Treatment and Distribution Plant. It is then pumped via two 25-mile pipelines to approximately 250,000 St. Petersburg residents. The city's Water Resources department manages the water supply network while the Utility Billing & Collections department manages water service customers.
Certain charges apply to specific locations; not all addresses will see charges for all services listed above. For information on specific address charges, contact the Utility Customer Service Center at 727-893-7341 and choose option 0.
Start City Services
Gather the following information
- Social Security Number
- Phone Number
- Property Address
A deposit is required to start service and is based on the property location. Deposits begin at $100. You may request a usage average for the address based on the prior resident to estimate your monthly service cost.
Call the Utility Customer Service Center at 727-893-7341, then choose option 0.
To Stop City Services, determine what date water service should be terminated. Call the Utility Customer Service Center at 727-893-7341, then choose option 0. A reading will be taken on the termination date and a final bill mailed out, minus the customer's original deposit.
More Water Service Information
For more information on water service rates, adjustments, or to find answers to frequently asked questions, visit www.stpete.org/utilities.
Setup Your Online Account
- You must have access to an e-mail account in order to complete registration. In the following steps you will create a user account login, activate it and then attach your utilities account to the user login.
- Go to the Account Login link and click "Create New User."
Fill out the online form and all its required fields to create a new user account. The email address given during this step will be used to login and manage your account.
- Check your email for an activation link.
- Now you can login to your activated user account from the Account Login link.
- Next you will need to add your utilities account to your user account. Choose "Select Account" > "Edit Master Account" then add account. You will be required to enter you utilities account number (123456-123456) which can be found in the upper left-hand corner of your bill. You will also need other account information such as your last due date to validate your request.
- Once your account has been added, click "Select Account" to view the account.