To enhance and safeguard the beauty of our natural resources and city landscapes, thereby enriching the quality of life for our community.
Function of Commission
- Assist and promote public programs/activities that will further the beautification and protection of the natural resources in and around St. Petersburg.
- Assist the Parks and Recreation Department with the initiating, planning, directing and coordinating of the following programs: the Annual City Beautiful Awards, the Gift Tree Program, and the Gizella Kopsick Palm Arboretum including the Brick Program.
- Assist with the formulation and implementation of City statutes and ordinances concerning property maintenance, beautification standards, signage and natural resources.
- Advise City Council in matters pertaining to the beautification of the city that will result in a more attractive and well-maintained city.
- Assist in any other function and duty assigned to it by the City Council.
Meeting Dates & Times
The board meets on the second Monday of each month at 4 p.m. at the Leisure Services Complex, 1400 19 St. N., 33713.
- Ryan Cobin - Term Expires: 12/31/19 - Second Term
- Council Member Gina Driscoll - Term Expires: 12/31/19
- Lee Gunter - Term Expires: 12/31/20 - Second Term
- Cathy Harrelson
- Doris Heitzmann, Regulations and Development Committee Chair - Term Expires: 12/31/20 - Second Term
- Lucinda Johnston - Term Expires: 12/31/21 - First Term
- Stephanie Lawler-Ellington, Historian Co-Chair - Term Expires: 12/31/21 - First Term
- John Lopez
- Carol Moore - Term Expires: 12/31/20 - Second Term
- Rick Nale, Vice Chair - Term Expires: 12/31/19 - Second Term
- Alexander Nicolas - Term Expires: 12/31/20 - Partial Term
- George Stoval - Term Expires: 12/31/19 - Partial Term
- Lucy Trimarco
- Scott Youngblood, Chair - Term Expires: 12/31/19 - First Term
Gift Tree Program
The Gift Tree Program provides you with an opportunity to honor someone special to you by planting a tree in their behalf in one of St. Petersburg’s beautiful public parks. Learn more here.