On March 12, 2020, Mayor Rick Kriseman declared a state of local emergency as a response to the Novel Coronavirus Disease (“COVID-19”). In accordance with the Mayor’s order, the Development Review Commission (DRC) and the Community Planning and Preservation Commission (CPPC) meetings have been canceled until further notice. Applications for Commission review can be submitted electronically and will be scheduled when hearings resume. For more information, please call 727-892-5498 or email us at DevRev@StPete.org.
The Development Review Commission (DRC) evaluates and acts on the development proposals within the City in order to ensure compliance with the Comprehensive Plan, zoning ordinance, and other appropriate City regulations.
DRC cases include these and other applications as shown on the Decisions and Appeals Table, Section 16.70.015.
For additional information on the Commission, contact Development Review Services at 727-892-5498.
Function of Committee
The DRC acts as the Land Development Regulation Commission (LDRC) for the purposes of and as required by the Local Government Comprehensive Planning and Land Development Regulation Act to review and evaluate proposed modifications to the Land Development Regulations, except as to certain historic and archaeological preservation matters where the Community Preservation Commission serves as the LDRC.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
The DRC meets generally the first Wednesday of every month in Council Chambers, City Hall.
The DRC is composed of seven regular members and three alternate members. Each member is a resident of the City and is appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council for a three-year term. Regular members may serve for two consecutive full terms.
In making appointments to the DRC, the Mayor and City Council seek membership with diverse economic, geographic, social, and professional representation and, where possible, includes members qualified and experienced in the fields of architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering, construction, and land use law and real estate.
- Melissa Rutland – Chair, Regular Member – Term Expires: September 30, 2020 – 1st Term
- Freddy Cuevas – Vice Chair, Regular Member – Term Expires: September 30, 2022 – 1st Term
- Matt Walker – Regular Member – Term Expires: September 30, 2021 – 1st Term
- Joseph Griner, III – Regular Member – Term Expires: September 30, 2021 – 2nd Term
- Chuck Flynt – Regular Member – Term Expires: September 30, 2020 – 2nd Term
- Jessica Ehrlich – Regular Member – Term Expires: September 30, 2022 – 1st Term
- Martha MacReynolds – Alternate Member – Term Expires: September 30, 2021
- Darren Stowe – Alternate Member – Term Expires: September 30, 2022
- Timothy Clemmons – Alternate Member – Term Expires: September 30, 2022
- Vacant Seat